The Senior ETL Developer is a senior level position responsible for establishing and implementing new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to lead applications systems analysis and programming activities.
- Partner with multiple management teams to ensure appropriate integration of functions to meet goals as well as identify and define necessary system enhancements to deploy new products and process improvements
- Resolve variety of high impact problems/projects through in-depth evaluation of complex business processes, system processes, and industry standards
- Provide expertise in area and advanced knowledge of applications programming and ensure application design adheres to the overall architecture blueprint
- Utilize advanced knowledge of system flow and develop standards for coding, testing, debugging, and implementation
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of how areas of business, such as architecture and infrastructure, integrate to accomplish business goals
- Provide in-depth analysis with interpretive thinking to define issues and develop innovative solutions
- Serve as advisor or coach to mid-level developers and analysts, allocating work as necessary
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 8 years plus of experience in ETL (Talend) Developmentand DW architecture in a volume intensive data warehouse environment preferably in financial industry.
- Good Experience of application integration.
- Knowledge of Java (Core Java, Spring, Multithreading)
- Knowledge on Unix Shell / Perl scripting, Autosys
- Experience in working with DB2, Oracle.
- Solid database knowledge around partitioning, stored procedures, functions, performance tuning, optimization of SQL.
- Experience in all aspects of software development life cycle for DW/BI projects.
- Knowledge of Abinito is plus.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, analytical ability and the ability to work effectively with systems technical staff and business users.
- Ability to work successfully under pressure in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment.
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Citi Canada is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities (including, without limitation, physical and mental health disabilities) during the recruitment process and otherwise in accordance with law. Individuals who view themselves as Aboriginals, members of visible minority or racialized communities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the “EEO is the Law” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting