What We’ll Bring:
Protecting the health and wellness of our associates and candidates considering a career at TransUnion is our highest priority. In supporting this vision, our recruitment and new hire experience for this role is fully virtual for the time being. Candidates interviewing will get to know our team over the phone and video, and this role will operate virtually upon hire until we return to the office. Even though we’re not physically together right now, our goal is to provide you a supportive candidate and new hire experience that will immerse you in our culture and set you up for success at TransUnion.
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field or equivalent work experience.
- Must have 10 to 15 years of industry/work experience in Information Technology for large and complex organizations.
- Typically has at least 8 years of experience in managing multiple, medium to large cross-functional teams or projects.
- Ability to drive enterprise-wide objectives through predicting, analyzing and managing cultural and technological changes within the organization.
- Strong understanding of technology directions, trends, strategic business impact of key business and IT initiatives.
- Dynamic leadership ability to develop and energize multi-discipline, high performance work teams to learn and apply new skills/techniques to business needs.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and creative problem solving techniques in a highly complex environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication; an ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
- Strong business planning, analytical and conceptual skills.
Impact You’ll Make:
The Regional Technology leader will oversee the design, enhancement; implementation and reporting for the entire IT function. Reporting to the CIO of the Canada, Latin America Region and to the regional CEO. Will work as a key member of the Exco team, this role will take a leadership role in building, implementing and overseeing all TU’s system delivery, processes, workflows and procedures. You will play a critical role in helping to shape and guide the future growth and development to refine and implement the operations strategy including system selection, design, delivery and quality management. Responsible for the overall management of quality and efficiency of operations, you will ensure TU delivers an outstanding service that is client focused and efficient at all times. The role considers the TransUnion Canada’s growth strategy and consequently develops and implements plans for scaling business operations and delivery to meet planned growing demand, whilst ensuring a central focus on driving industry leading customer and consumer experiences through all our services. Empowers and develops your management team to execute assignments and meet deliverables. Acts as an industry subject matter expert, gauging the external competitive environment to assess TransUnion’s against best practices.
To enhance the focus, we require a dedicated, driven and passionate leader that can use a structured approach to deliver an industrialized business operations and delivery capability that is underpinned by our technology capabilities, adheres to the documented and industry best practices, and complies with TransUnion’s governance standards.
How you will contribute:
- Provides direction and day-to-day leadership to the local technology organization. Drives sustained operational performance improvements in the IT organization and ensures alignment with and development of approach and global strategy for enabling and achieving corporate strategic and financial objectives.
- Leads re-engineering and application development and delivery restructuring initiatives as necessary to ensure attainment of operational efficiency, effectiveness, capacity and capability growth objectives.
- Develops and maintains a complete and comprehensive set of operational metrics to communicate meaningful operating statistics that can be used to inform critical business decisions and can be used to report on operational performance at the senior executive and board of director levels.
- Communicates to senior executive staff and business leadership to interpret the operational forecasts, metrics and impacts to company goals and financials.
- Develops the annual budget for the Technology division. Reviews and approves all expenses (internal and external). Analyzes budget for variances and takes corrective action as necessary.
- Responsible for the development and successful implementation of the business plan by identifying and establishing specific goal objectives for each functional department and developing corresponding measurements to monitor progress toward the achievement of the goals and objectives.
- Partners with other business unit leaders to support development and implementation of new products and services, assist with efforts to introduce new products and services to the market, and help ensure successful customer implementations.
- Maintains a strong working relationship with the internal sales force, consulting with both sales and the customer to ensure delivery of creative and executable solutions for customer business issues. Establishes strong working relationships with internal and external customers and identify long-term needs related to the application of complex production services and solutions. Directs the appropriate business unit towards researching potential solutions.
- Directs and informs strategies involving the use of third parties in the delivery of TransUnion services to its customers and consumers, including ensuring TransUnion obtains value for money from the services being rendered by such parties and that all services adhere to both TransUnion internal and external compliance requirements and our need to drive innovation in customer and consumer service delivery.
- Communicates and clarifies overall business unit vision and related department strategies with managers and associates. Provides factual organizational insight. Builds alliances with and establishes communication bridges with staff, other business units, management, external partners and customers. Promotes teamwork within and across work units; meets with other departments to mutually establish goals and measures for joint customer management. Establishes measures and defines the framework for their collection to ensure consistency among groups.
- Defines staffing requirements based on business needs and budget. Envisions ideal achievements and performance results for the department, consistent with the business unit’s objectives. Establishes requirements, delivery criteria and measures for performance. Provides a road map for individual and collective department performance and development. Advances the development of associates by creating an environment conducive to internal, external, cross and on-the-job training. Monitors the delivery of compensation and career opportunities for internal and external equity.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends, leading practices and regulatory requirements and introduces such practices into our strategies and executions plans.
Accommodation is available, including for applicants with disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
TransUnion’s Internal Job Title:
Sr Director, Strategic Operations