1 Presidents Choice Circle, Brampton, Ontario, L6Y 5S5
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
Reports to: Senior Vice President, Finance, CCO
Role Mandate Summary:
This position plays critical role providing enterprise financial support to three main business areas: 1) Marketing 2) Control Brands 3) Loblaw Media
Provide financial and analytical support to all 3 businesses. This role represents the finance function to support these portfolios with retail divisions and many other internal partners across the enterprise. In addition to business partnering, providing financial and analytical support and thought leadership and strategic vision for business development and performance measurement is a key focus of this role.
Works closely with SVP, Loblaw Marketing; SVP, Loblaw Brands; & VP, Loblaw Media and their teams. The successful candidate will contribute to finance team’s ability to provide Data Driven Insights, Smart & Effective Controls, and Process & Efficiencies for these businesses and aid achievement of financial targets and KPI’s.
- Finance lead for Enterprise Marketing, Control Brands, and Loblaw Media and manage the supporting finance teams
- Direct financial reporting, analytical, and accounting functions for Enterprise Marketing including P&L management, achievement against business targets, KPI’s, forecasting, budgeting and 3YP support and make recommendations to Marketing leadership team
- Direct financial reporting, analytical, and accounting functions for Control Brands including P&L management, achievement against business targets, KPI’s, forecasting, budgeting, and 3YP support and make recommendations to Control Brands leadership team
- Direct financial reporting, analytical, and accounting functions for Loblaw Media including P&L management, achievement against business targets, KPI’s, forecasting, budgeting, and 3YP support and make recommendations to Loblaw Media leadership team
- Collaboratively work with 3 core businesses and support interactions with enterprise functional areas including Retail Grocery Divisions, PCO Loyalty, Loblaw Digital, Loblaw Technology, Data Insights & Analytics, and Loblaw Real Estate
- Drive financial revenue and cost savings opportunities by ensuring operating expenditures and capital investments are prioritized in areas which yield largest impacts and/or savings while improving or minimizing customer impact
- Strategic business partner providing financial guidance to portfolios. Lead related projects within the business areas and provide support to collective teams including QBR and IMC
- Direct continuous improvement and implement ideas to improve efficiencies and/or effectiveness in achieving desired business outcomes with perseverance and process management mindset
- Manage team of colleagues to support customers through identifying and helping remove barriers, identifying opportunities & risks, and implement solutions to effectively drive results
- Provide direction, development, and coaching to colleagues providing challenges and opportunities to learn and succeed
- Build and maintain relationships with business partners throughout the organization at all levels including senior management
- Provide ad hoc financial support as required
- Completion of CPA and/or MBA designation an asset
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience or a similar combination of education and relevant work experience in an analytical / business planning role
- Strong leadership and management experience skills with proven ability leading, developing, and coaching teams
- Results oriented – consistently delivers on time, drives for results, and track record of supporting businesses/functions in achieving financial targets
- Proactive individual, able to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Strong communication skills with an emphasis on verbal reasoning, conflict resolution and listening skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Superior time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to create powerful “story telling” presentations with clarity and impact
- Strong technical skills (accounting practices/standards, computer skills, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to interact with people at various levels of an organization
How You’ll Succeed:
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Type of Role:
Loblaw recognizes Canada’s diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.