Create awesome experiences for our customers.
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, TELUS.com/business and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
TELUS Digital is looking for a Senior Digital Insights Consultant to play a key role in unlocking and driving outcomes for the B2B My TELUS team. You will play a key role in crafting the foundation for analytics and drive key insights that will enable our team to deliver on our Customer-First Promise.
We are looking for a data-driven individual who possesses strong analytical skills to help assess the efficiency of our practices, programs and processes. You will also draw on your imagination and your analytics acumen to analyze data, draw conclusions and present results. Your creativity will be key in evaluating current metrics, identifying critical metrics and leading indicators. Candidates for the role will be passionately curious to understand the ‘why’ behind the data and passionate about the opportunity to make more informed, objective decisions for our team.
- Understand team outcomes and processes to drive data decision-making within our team
- Evaluate and identify critical metrics and leading indicators to drive feature adoption and clean and consolidate data as required
- Design, implement and report on Operations scorecards
- Perform omni-channel analyses, working closely with other teams and departments and understanding their respective data
- Use technology and analytics tools to develop models and analyze our data
- Use data to tell the story of our operations and find opportunities to improve our practices and enhance our decision-making processes
- Understand and translate problems and needs into recommendations and actionable tasks for the team
- Apply data science/machine learning techniques to address real-world problems
- Map out business customer journeys across omni-channel touchpoints to identify gaps and opportunities in order to drive adoption of self-serve features and influence customer behaviour
- Measure the efficiency of our existing programs through analysis of available data which will include identifying issues, forming hypotheses and synthesizing conclusions into recommendations
- Develop creative ways to gather new data and analyze results
- Connect the dots to understand the “why” behind the data
- Actively seek opportunities to constantly improve our processes and perform scenario based testing to support your recommendations
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
- A passion for how data can be used to uncover new insights, solve unique problems and drive effective actions
- Be a strategic thinker and a bias for action and crafting and driving change
- Be a master of numbers, statistics and data management
- Be curious and creative in looking at metrics to identify and testing new critical metrics for the team
- Have strong presentation skills with the ability to tell stories with data and master visualizations
- Have the ability to influence and persuade team members and leadership team
- Have strong financial skills and business insight to be able to articulate the business case & manage budgets
- A strategic mind and a desire to get things without being scared of the details
- A flexible approach and the ability to adapt and champion change
- Highly organized with a demonstrated ability to monitor and manage high volume workloads and competing priorities
- Experience with SQL is a must
- Experience with Python is a must
- Experience working with relational databases
- Experience working with GitHub
- Experience with Big data related tools and technologies, such as BigQuery
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau and Domo
Who is TELUS?
We’re a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.