SOTI is committed to providing its employees with endless possibilities; learning new things, working with the latest technologies and making a difference in the world.
SOTI’s growth and success is a result of commitment to innovation through entrepreneurial culture and leadership. Employees are driven to make an impact, offer a unique value and most importantly, be part of a winning team. As a successful candidate, you’ll get the chance to work with leading edge technologies and take on complex and interesting projects as part of fast-paced, highly collaborative agile team.
What We’re Looking For
In order for us to continue to develop new innovations and achieve the impossible, we are looking for Computer Science Experts – out of the box thinkers that appreciate the art of creating great software.
This is a great opportunity for a Senior Devops Engineer with a previous background in Software Development who thrives in a dynamic work environment. You are excited to work shoulder to shoulder with talented, fun-loving Developers and Test Specialists breaking down complex problems into simple solutions.
As the successful candidate, you are a Computer Science expert with strong logical thinking, excellent understanding of algorithms, data structures, software architecture and design, and you understand the logic behind how things work.
This is an exciting opportunity for foreign applicants who require a work permit to work in Canada, and / or for foreign applicants who are interested in working full-time remotely
- You will be working across functional (development/testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure) and project teams to ensure continuous operation of build and test systems
- You will be driving and perfecting our vision of Continuous Delivery and making the release experience easy and enjoyable
- You will be building high quality tools and automation for internal use to support continuous delivery and increasing the velocity and productivity of engineering teams
- You will develop and maintain tools and scripts to build, deploy, test, automate and streamline product delivery from engineers to customers
- You will design and implement tools and scripts to allow automated configuration management
- Expertise in Computer Science with excellent understanding of algorithms, data structures, design patterns and software architecture, and you understand the logic behind the relationships within programs themselve
- You have a minimum 7+ years’ experience: 4+ years’ software development experience using .NET or Java based technologies and 3+ years’ experience in a DevOps role.
- Solid understanding and experience of integrating security tools and practices within the DevOps process
- Expert knowledge of PowerShell or other scripting languages
- Solid knowledge of continuous integration and continuous delivery practices and tools such as Jenkins, GoCD, Bamboo, etc.
- Good working knowledge of Source Code repository systems (Git, TFS)
- Hands-on experience of working with cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Azure, GCP
- Expert knowledge of at least one of the following programming languages: Java, C#
- Experience of working with Windows, Linux, Unix, iOS and Android operating systems
- Demonstrated ability to learn and acquire new technologies in the areas of DevOps
- Experience of working with Docker containers, Kubernetes, Packer, Kitchen, Chef, Artifactory, Sonar and other tools used for orchestration
Nice to have
- Experience of working with ELK Stack, Grafana, Prometheus and other tools used for monitoring
If you want to bring your ideas to life, apply at SOTI today.
We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the requirements under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify People & Culture at [email protected]
Please note that SOTI does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with agency/recruiter, SOTI will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee.