WE ARE RE-INVENTING THE WAY TO MANAGE EMERGENCIES AFTER DISASTERS.
We are developing a suite of integrated data and communication systems that provide powerful tools to help manage emergency interventions where speed and intelligence save lives. The product is a cloud-based emergency management solution, used by municipalities and governments to assist populations before, during and after disasters.
Are you a seasoned Mobile Application Developer looking for the opportunity to grow your skills, work as part of an award-winning team and make a real impact at the same time?
As a Senior Mobile Application Developer, you will work in an agile continuous delivery team to design and develop innovative product functions and features.
You will enjoy:
- Culture: an organization that is guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality
- Opportunity: to work with the best and brightest in the non-profit field, in an environment that promotes continuous learning, creativity and collaboration
- Employee Benefits: achieve a work/life balance for you and your new team with competitive vacation time, generous personal days and flexible work arrangements
- Meaningful Work: you will be creating technological innovations that support emergencies and save lives
In this role you will:
- Develop features for new cloud-based solution with quality and efficiency as a part of an agile development team
- Design, build, and maintain high-traffic, scalable services and solutions
- Take End-to-End ownership of delivery, including crafting technical specs, writing readable and extensible code, runbooks and post-release metrics
- Contribute to the software engineering strategy and development, operation, and maintenance of the solutions. Provide guidance and support for a wide range of solutions and services looking to adopt and build against standards
- Work with development and product management teams to define user story acceptance criteria, break down complex stories into tasks, estimates, plan and deliver
- Interact with architects, UX, and Ops and participates in architecture, design, and review meetings
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members on all aspects of process and development
We’re looking for:
- 2 years’ experience in mobile development
- Proven skills in developing apps for iOS and Android using native or cross-platform tools
- Good knowledge of real-time, interactive mobile applications using Web services
- Interpersonal skills and team spirit
This is a full-time office-based position in Montréal, Québec.
The Canadian Red Cross is committed to gender equality and social inclusion in our workplace. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, religion, nationality, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We encourage all qualified persons to apply particularly Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Please notify us as soon as possible of any adaptive measures you might require at any stage of the recruitment process.