We are looking for a passionates enior developer to join our Data Team and take part in building the future of homecare software.Delivering over 500,000 episodes of care per month across three continents, the applications you build will literally be in caregivers’ hands as they’re visiting clients in the places they call home.
We arerevolutionizingthe way home care is delivered.Our leading cloud-based softwareallowsour clientsaround the world to manage their employees, scheduling, billing, and enable better delivery of care. We aim to be the operating system for our clients’businesses, helping them and theiremployeesimprove clinical outcomes.
We arelooking for talented and passionate individuals to joinourpurposeofenablingthe care we want our loved ones to receive in the place they call home.Wepride ourselves inouropen and transparentculture, our diversity and beingcommitted to aworkplacewhere we all feel that we can be ourselves.
About the Role:
You will be part of ateam of 150+ employees dedicated to product development with engineering hubsin Toronto, Montreal, and Victoria.
As a senior developer, you will be one of the senior technologists on a product delivery team. Working with your colleagues from the data team you’ll be responsible for scoping your team’s technical work, using your knowledge to ensure it’s sequenced properly, and designing & implementing it.
In partnership with other senior members, you will be responsible for setting the product-wide technical roadmap, matching our aspirations with our technical capabilities. You will use your experience and perspective to build security and performance into all you do, and will be on the vanguard of our move to continuous software delivery .
AlayaCare Cloud is written in Python and PHP on the back-end , uses Vue.js on the front-end, and runs on AWS.
In this role you will:
- Design, code, test, and debug complex software with a high level of quality, sitting as a full-time member of the data development team
- Provide technical leadership for your team, and assist in improving your colleagues’ skills through technical mentoring, role-modelling, coaching, and knowledge-sharing
- Participate in code reviews to lead technical innovation in the areas of component re-use, extensibility, maintainability and scalability
- Monitor your code in production, and proactively identify and fix issues clients are encountering
- Participate in setting the product-wide technical roadmap, ensuring the success of technical cross-team initiatives and responsible adoption of new technologies and industry trends
- 5+ years professional software engineering experience
- Degree or diploma in computer science or engineering, or demonstrated learning experience
- Deep development experience in one of Python and SQL
- The position requires maintaining and developing REST API
- Good knowledge of the AWS eco-system
- Awareness of contemporary industry trends in technology, performance, and software development tooling & practice
- Experience making difficult technical decisions in ambiguous situations
- Strong written and spoken English communication skills, targeting both technical and non-technical audiences
- Pride in your work
If you have experience writing software for the healthcare or financial services sectors, you should be sure to mention that.
AlayaCare values T-shaped skill profiles, where developers have a breadth of general knowledge and capability across our platforms, combined with a deep knowledge of one or two areas that contribute to effective and performant software delivery. We look forward to hearing about the unique combination of skills that you would bring to this role and to our team.
If this sounds like the perfect job for you, apply today. As well as joining a great culture and a market leading company, you will be part of a team making a positive difference in the community of home care.
If this isn’t the job for you, you may know someone who is a perfect fit. Please feel free to share this opportunity.
- We are a fast-growing company with offices in Canada, US and Australiaand a team of over 43 0 employees
- We’ve been recognized as one of the top growing companies in Canada
- We are mission-driven and live by our values
What We Offer:
- Supportive andcollaborativeenvironment
- Career growth and development
- Health and wellness activities
- Health benefits package
- Flexible vacation policy
If you want to explore AlayaCare further, please visit our website www.alayacare.com .
Thank you for your interest in AlayaCare!