Help us build an inclusive Microsoft web! Web Experience Collective (WXC) is a research and design team working on the forefront of new experiences for our customers in search, maps, advertising, and news. We collaborate in a customer-driven environment where our decisions are grounded in responsible design, creating experiences that make the web a better place for every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. If you’re passionate about technology, driven to deeply understand customer needs, and lead with a growth mindset, we want to hear from you. This is an opportunity to lead emerging consumer web experiences that will delight and engage with millions of customers across the globe.
In this role you will research customer needs and behaviors with content-based web services, like news and feeds. You will work closely with teams from Search, Ads and Browser to create compelling and innovative experiences. Your insights will inform product decision-making and you will work closely with designers, program managers and engineers to translate your recommendations into real-world products that delight customers while delivering business success.
We’re seeking a highly motivated, talented, and engaged UX researcher with proven experience to energize multidisciplinary teams with passion and energy, not afraid to take big bets and hone them through iteration and direct customer connection.
- Manage customer research on content-based web services to unlock new UX ideas and stimulate innovation
- Drive product team understanding into target customers, their needs and behaviors
- Bring customer obsession into product thinking, championing inclusive experiences and acting as the voice of the customer
- Routinely evaluate and track experiences against key business metrics, throughout the product funnel and lifecycle
- Understand and follow competitors and identify industry trends worldwide
- Work across Microsoft products and organizations to create unified and aligned customer experiences
- Research and drive key customer requirements for responsible design in content-based services
- Work with agility in a structured and programmatic way that deeply integrates with team members and partners
- 5+ years as a UX researcher or equivalent role
- Experience with a wide range of UX research methodologies, using both remote and local methods
- Experience at synthesizing large scale and small scale data to drive for integrated insights
- Experience combining secondary and primary research to tell compelling customer-based stories
- Experience investigating new trends and future thinking within tech industry and outside
- Experience researching diverse groups of people is desirable (international audiences, multi-language localization, inclusive design and accessibility for people with challenges, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills influencing across disciplines
- MA/MS or PhD in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Social Science or related fields
- A portfolio review will be required for all candidate interviews
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.