McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Canada, we touch the lives of 12 million Canadians every day. We carry more than 35,000 products in 17 distribution centers and ultimately provide distribution to 6,300 retail pharmacies, 1,350 hospitals, long-term care centers, clinics and institutions all over Canada. But we’re so much more than a distribution company. We’ve automated 2,500 retail pharmacies and dispense over 100 million doses a year through our automation solutions. Manufacturers, healthcare providers and patients count on us for a full range of services that contribute to the quality and safety of care for us all.
At McKesson Canada, you’ll help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
To perform development, support, integration and project delivery on large, complex database application in a distributed environment. To maximize the availability, security, and performance of databases. To provide technical expertise to members of the development, QA and support teams. This role involves remote dial-in support in response to routine monitoring alerts and scheduled & unscheduled tasks occurring after hours and on weekends as required.
Section A – Specific Responsibilities
- Manage database changes related to schema, procedures, views, functions, triggers
- Collaborate with development team to review design changes and third-party integrations
- Closely work with production support team to resolve critical/complex database problems
- Establish and maintain appropriate database access level based on corporate security standards
- Manage database application for capacity, availability, performance, and data integrity
- Install, configure and clone environments for development, testing and production
- Apply release updates on all database environments
- Write scripts and routines to automate day-to-day administrative tasks
- Assist developers in writing and troubleshooting queries
- Create and manage database backup/recovery procedures
- Maintain up-to-date documentation on database schema, installation and maintenance
- Report on weekly progress and production issues
- Evaluate products/tools and recommend technical direction
- Keep abreast of technology industry and market trends
- Perform other duties as assigned to support McKesson Canada.
Section B – Key Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years relevant work experience with RDBMS (SQL Server or Sybase) in distributed environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of relational data modeling and database design
- Strong T-SQL skills and ability to design complex routines and triggers
- Advanced analytical, troubleshooting, debugging and diagnostic skills
- Proven expertise in backup/recovery, security/encryption and indexing/performance tuning
- Experience with ETL tools, database partitioning and replication
- Experience with DOS scripting, XML and Web Services
- Understanding of all aspects of Software Development Lifecycle
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well independently under minimum supervision and in a team environment
- Ability to effectively communicate and work collaboratively with interdepartmental teams
- Ability to make decision and work well under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to prioritize and escalate issues as needed
- Experience with PCI DSS compliance an asset
- Experience with Datawarehouse reporting an asset.
Section C – Supervision and Communications
Must be able to work in a fast paced and complex technical environment that requires attention to detail while building/deploying/releasing packages and providing sound support for all systems in use. Work cross-functionally under limited supervision with various departments to maximize and improve overall efficiencies. Extremely important is completion of assigned tasks on time with high quality. Flexibility to provide after-hours support as required.
- Development Team Members
- Project Manager
- External System Consultants
- Pharmacy Relations
- Business Analysts/QA Analysts
- Other Internal Departments
- Technology Suppliers
- Web sites
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity employer.
The material contained herein is provided for informational purpose only. All open jobs offered by McKesson on this recruitment system are subject to specific job skill requirements. The job skill requirements, qualifications, and preferred experience are determined by a subsidiary, office or department within the company which is offering the position, and all positions are subject to local prevailing employment laws and restrictions. This would include immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements and any other applicable government permissions or compliance.
The materials on this site are provided without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties regarding the completeness of information contained on this site or in any referenced links. While McKesson attempts to update this site on a timely basis, the information is effective only as of the time and date of posting.
McKesson is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants’ needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
The information on this site is for information purpose only and is not intended to be relied upon with legal consequence.
Current employees must apply through internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!