TextNow is based around a simple idea: Communication belongs to everyone. We work hard to help people stay connected by offering a solution that makes phone service free. At TextNow, we work together to solve complex and interesting problems that have a positive impact on our customers lives.
Join us in our mission to help people stay connected with technology that is free (or as close to free as possible.)
TextNow is looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join the team. As a senior contributor, you will directly collaborate with multiple teams across the TextNow organization including Marketing and Growth, Product, and Engineering to deliver well thought-out insights and solutions that impact major company objectives. You will help provide support to and mentor more junior members of the team. You are a communicative and considerate team player who approaches problem solving with both an inquisitive and practical mindset that allows you to distill business questions and objectives into actionable plans.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate and partner with various internal stakeholders including the finance, marketing, and product teams to understand and frame business questions into analytic frameworks.
- Create models that deliver insights that support business operations and decisioning including forecasting, audience segmentation, conversion and churn propensity scoring.
- Define key metrics for the organization and create and maintain reporting in support of sound business decisioning.
- Communicate results of analyses, insights, and recommendations to upper management clearly and transparently with a clear view into assumptions made.
- Responsible for full cycle development of analytic and predictive models from data collection, cleansing, feature engineering, model selection, prototyping, deployment, and maintenance.
- Develop data collection, forecasting, and reporting procedures that instantly highlight business opportunities, flag potential issues, and ease reporting to all business stakeholders.
Who You Are:
- Creator of cool stuff withdeep experience in machine learning and advanced analytics (e.g., regression, classification, clustering, optimization, natural language processing, deep neural networks). Experience in AdTech and/or marketing and advertising is a plus.
- Brilliant collaborator at least 7+ years of experience extracting, transforming and working with large sets of data; and a bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or another quantitative field.
- Someone who takes action and ownership with the ability to adapt to a quickly evolving environment, inspire trust through effective collaborations with various cross-functional stakeholders. Open to learning new tools and processes to achieve results.
- Respectfully candid with excellent communication skills; proven ability to clearly and transparently convey complex analysis results to all levels of partners.
- A bold risk-taker and self-starter who has demonstrated ability to research ambiguous problems, is thoughtful in their approach, and delivers insightful results on time.
- Resourceful and scrappy with advanced Python and SQL programming skills.
• Strong work life blend
• Flexible work arrangements (wfh, remote)
• Employee Stock Options
• Unlimited vacation
• Competitive pay and benefits
• Parental leave top up
• Benefits for both physical and mental well being
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
At TextNow, our mission is built around inclusion and offering a service for EVERYONE, in an industry that traditionally only caters to the few who have the means to afford it. We believe that diversity of thought and inclusion of others promotes a greater feeling of belonging and higher levels of engagement. We know that if we work together, we can do amazing things, and that our differences are what make our product and company great.