We’re looking for a top-tier Senior Data Scientist to establish and own data science practises at ZenHub. You’ll play a key role in growing the business through your insights, and you’ll help shape the future of the product.
Every one of us shares a common vision: to create the future we want to live and work in.
At ZenHub, that means removing the repetitive, monotonous overhead we “need” to do to manage software projects while bridging the gap between future-thinking business teams with future-building development teams. We need the right people to help us realize that vision.
If you are looking for a new challenge within a dynamic and fast growing technology company and if you want to create outstanding products, we want to hear from you.
A little about us:
From individual developers to interplanetary organizations, teams using ZenHub are changing the world as we know it.
In 2014, ZenHub was built by a team of developers in Vancouver, Canada, to manage projects while preserving their focus in GitHub. Our tight-knit team hails from multiple countries and industries. A few of us have worked at Barclays, IBM, Microsoft and Baidu. More than a couple of us are published authors.
Today, ZenHub is the leading team collaboration and project management suite in GitHub, empowering teams of 2 to over 20,000 work together. We help teams from around the world to work together to make phenomenal things happen.
Scope of your role:
- Establish data science practices for ZenHub
- Conduct research and analysis in order to come up with solutions to business problems
- Evaluate business processes to uncover areas for improvement
- Identify business challenges and opportunities using data modelling techniques
- Guide data model and architecture decisions to help support strategic decision making
- Provide business insights based on comprehensive analysis
- Identify new opportunities in the conversion funnel
- Provide data exploration and analysis to various product teams
- Make data insights accessible via data visualizations
- Document, present and effectively communicate your insights to cross-functional team members and leadership team
- Drive initiatives to automate and modernize processes and technologies
- Oversee the implementation of new technology and systems
A little about you:
- 5+ years experience in an Applied Data Scientist role
- 1+ year experience in improving SaaS products by applying data science techniques on large scale datasets
- Exceptional problem solving, conceptual thinking, analytical skills and experiment design (e.g. AB Testing)
- Advanced knowledge of statistical machine learning techniques and python programming
- Experience creating detailed reports and presenting insights from the analysis and research
- Experience with databases, both relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL) and non relational databases (e.g. Mongo)
- Experience with data engineering and data warehouses (e.g. Google BigQuery)
More about ZenHub:
At ZenHub we recruit the best and foster an environment that empowers our team. That means a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and open-minded. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability. Don’t sweat it if you don’t have everything listed in the above requirements. Our values include continuous improvement and curiosity. If you have some of these qualities and believe that this is the position that will make you excited to work every day, then we want to hear from you!
Our people are what makes our team special – because of that, we work hard to provide our full-time team members perks that make their lives better by offering:
• Flexible vacation & remote work policy – as we accomplish our goals, time off is more than a must. Most team members take between 15-20 days off per year, but we have no hard limit for our high impact individuals.
• Diverse opportunities for learning and development – we provide resources for conferences, classes, books, and other opportunities to maintain and expand your skill set and professional growth.
• Fitness reimbursements – stay fit with our reimbursements for health-related benefits like gym memberships, fitness apps, and personal training.
• Top-Line equipment – in addition to receiving a company smartphone of your choice with a paid voice/data plan, every team member receives a generous equipment budget to try new gadgets, tools, and platforms.
• Flexible parental leave policies – We understand the importance and demands of a growing family. In addition to state, provincial, and federal leave allowances, parents on the team have the flexibility to work from home or take days off when family needs to come first.
• When we can safely return to our office, fuel up with healthy snacks and coffee, get fit with an onsite gym, recover with onsite RMT/acupuncturist, and meet the many furry friends of our dog-friendly office!
Check out our careers page to learn more about what other benefits we offer!