Are you passionate about influencing and changing an industry? Do you enjoy collaborating with other industry leaders, to accomplish something bigger than any single company can achieve on its own?
The Microsoft Intelligent Communications Collaboration Cloud team powering Microsoft Teams is one of the fastest-growing products in Microsoft history. Our team is looking for a Senior Data Scientist to help us take our business intelligence and decision making to the next level. This position will help inform our product strategy by converting data into insights that enhance the customer experience and drive business results. You will partner closely with our PM and engineering teams to provide insights into product performance, customer engagement, service health, and new business opportunities. You will help us uncover new insights and turn them into actionable plans and utilize experimentation to influence our decision making. This is a great time to join and help deliver the promise of this technology while having lots of fun doing it!
As a Senior Data Scientist, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Build a holistic understanding of our products, features, customers, data infrastructure, and business goals
- Analyze complex, high-volume data from varying sources
- Develop analytical data sets which can be used to for analytics and data science
- Understand business performance as well as answer questions to drive product actions
- Partner with stake holders to translate problems into impactful metrics and visualizations
- Work with stakeholders to define project requirements, deliverables and time frames
- Build and maintain learning plans for the product(s) with key analytical questions
- Defining and implementing methodologies that accurately quantify the value of improvements
- Build Machine Learning Models to answer business driving questions for areas like demand forecasting, causality analysis, anomaly detection
- Leverage industry best practices in establishing repeatable BI practices, principles & processes
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree or higher in Data Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or another quant-focused field.
- 4+ years relevant experience in advanced analytics or data science roles.
- 2+ years executing A/B experiments, machine learning, or other predictive analysis.
- Engineering experience using large data systems on SQL, Spark, COSMOS etc.
- Proficiency in statistical concepts and ML algorithms
- Unique mix of technical, analytical, strategic, and program management skills
- Ability to understand and translate business and product questions into data insights
- Experience in database technology with solid understanding and hands-on skills with SQL
- Experience building large scale data sets in Azure, Hadoop or similar big data environments
- Proficiency in advanced Excel functions (e.g., creating formulas, pivot tables) and PowerBI
- Ability to influence diverse audiences and build strong partnerships with stakeholders
- Ability to articulate vision and benefits of projects to business and technical partners
- Self-motivated, agile and driven to think out-of-the-box
- Experience working with product and service telemetry systems
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.