At IMCO, our talent is among the best! IMCO offers a uniquely stimulating and rewarding environment where you can help build and drive organizational transformation, all while seeking to challenge yourself, learn, and grow your career.
We offer a culture of collaboration and passion, creating unwavering value for the clients we serve. Our vision is to be the partner of choice for Ontario’s public sector funds and build a high-performing, value-based Asset Management firm in the heart of downtown Toronto.
If you are ready to drive best-in-class service, and join a collaborative, motivated, and fun team of professionals, we’re ready to offer you a great place to work with exciting opportunities for growth and development.
If you want to use your expertise to drive strategic business outcomes, then we want you at IMCO!
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Data Engineer to join our Development Services IT team!
As a key member of our Information Technology team, the Senior Data Engineer will work closely with the Director, Development Services, Data Engineer Lead and internal data teams and key application support teams to design, build and support the cloud based infrastructure for data pipeline, including maintenance, improvement, cleansing and manipulation of data and analytics across IMCO’s development and data platforms. The Senior Data Engineer will be a collaborative expert in data warehousing that can drive solutions while working closely with data architects, business systems analysts, data management teams and business stakeholders to analyze, design and implement data driven solutions for IMCO.
- Contribute to designing and implementation of data architecture and technology infrastructure for new data and analytics platform with Azure data stack
- Design and build scalable ETL workflows for all data ingestion into the data platform
- Build custom services and workflows to provide functionality when required to compliment existing tools, i.e. convert to ingestible formats, call external web services and third-party APIs
- Create and maintain database models and objects with strong understanding of data modeling
- Write complex SQL for ETLand data extractions with high performance and easy to manage code
- Develop and maintain automated build and deployment process for all solutions using cloud tools
- Explore new and innovative ways to leverage Microsoft Azure data & analytics services to solve complex technical and business problems
- Develop functional specifications and systems configurations documentations to support solution roll out
- Design and develop reports and analytical dashboards in Power BI
- Partner closely with business users to understand requirements and rapidly prototype reports to maximize end-user involvement and solicit feedback
- Work closely with business systems analysts, SMEs on project and operations to deliver effective support, investigate root causes, recommend changes, and maintain accurate documentation
- Reverse-engineer, investigate and document data flow for operational procedures and support
- Evaluate existing data flow and operations, develop process for effective maintenance, monitoring and performance tuning, and recommend improvements for operational efficiency
- Enhance environment stability by working with others to set up and maintain production configurations. Continuously improving service levels with all business and technical stakeholders
- Automate manual processes, optimize data delivery, and redesign infrastructure for greater efficiency and scalability
- Provide health status of operations within platform with specific support for database and ETL processes
- Initiate knowledge dissemination of design, coding, and analysis techniques in collaborative manner
- Facilitate testing of solutions and production implementation planning while performing as a trusted liaison between IT, Investment business stakeholders, and external solution providers
- Think creatively to design solutions, addressing both business and technical aspects, with a forward-thinking approach to best accommodate future opportunities
- Incorporate operational risk and systems performance management in all initiatives
What you need to succeed:
- Minimum 7 years of experience in data warehousing, designing complex SQL queries, tables, view, and procedures, including performance tuning and query optimization
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Engineering or other related discipline with experience in building and maintaining IT data operations in the asset management or investment industry
- Strong Data Warehouse knowledge and experience, including data ingestion, transformation and ETL patterns
- Strong understanding of modeling concepts
- Strong SQL knowledge and experience, including developing and optimization complex queries, and optimization of database for performance with indexing and statistics strategies
- Expert experience in ETL processing using tools in such as Microsoft SSIS and Azure Data Factory
- Intermediate to senior level experience in operationalizing data platforms with Azure data solutions such as Data Factory, Azure Databricks, Azure Analysis Service and Azure Synapse
- Familiarity with licensing options on Azure data platforms to recommend optimal solutions
- Solid experience in building and maintaining data models
- Development experience in using .Net C#
- Proficient in Python and Power Shell scripting is preferred
- Hands-on experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment
- Track record to work in exploratory capacity to innovate, benchmark and make recommendations to improve efficiency and effectiveness of design and data operations
- Familiar with system management of monitoring, backup, and maintenance plan
- Practical experience in building data warehouse and report building in Power BI or Tableau
- Ability to self-direct, manage priorities, and meet deadlines
- Superior tactical, analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities to translate business requirements into technical specifications.
- Strong working knowledge of trading lifecycle and investment workflow with experience in investment data flows, operational processing requirements and management of data assets
- Strong domain knowledge in IT service management such as incident management, change management, configuration management and operations management
What IMCO Can Offer You:
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, to deliver an unparalleled employee experience and to work as one team to continuously improve the management of broader public sector investment funds. In addition to offering a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package, we pride ourselves on helping you reach your potential, making a difference in our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our employees are currently working remotely in response to COVID-19 public health guidelines. However, once the Ontario provincial restrictions have been lifted and IMCO has deemed it safe to return employees to the workplace, it shall be a condition of your employment that you perform your duties and responsibilities at the Corporation’s offices at 16 York Street, Suite 2400, Toronto, ON M5J 0E6.
IMCO is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities in its recruitment process. Please advise IMCO if you require an accommodation and we will work with you to meet your needs. Candidates being considered for this position will be required to submit to a background screening.