Who is Bold Commerce?
Named one of North America’s fastest-growing companies by Deloitte, Bold Commerce provides innovative ecommerce technology for businesses of all sizes. We believe Bold brands should have the ability to create and customize powerful transaction experiences – across all channels. Staples Canada, Vera Bradley and Harry Rosen are among the 90,000+ brands in over 170 countries that trust Bold’s suite of ecommerce tools to power their online stores every day.
We’re made up of more than 400 professionals (and growing) who live and breathe ecommerce, and truly care about what we do. We call ourselves Builders. Here at Bold, we live by the BUILDERS Code, our shared set of practices, beliefs, and values that help to shape this dynamic company.
Our growing Product Team is looking to hire an experienced and driven Senior Data Analyst. In this role, you will use your analytical experience to generate performance-enhancing analytics and actionable information across the Finance, Marketing and Sales Teams to inform future business decisions. You will develop and maintain metrics that support key objectives, and work cross-functionally to provide data insights that will lead to business improvements. If you have a passion and curiosity for digging deep into data and uncovering trends within complex data strings, then we want to hear from you!
What you’ll do
- Act as the primary analyst for finance accounting reports
- Write queries to complete data requests for Finance, Marketing, and Sales Teams
- Deliver required reports and accurate data to appropriate stakeholders with accurate data
- Work cross-functionally with the Finance and Accounting Teams to reconcile financial metrics
- Build visualizations and reporting in Looker for Finance, Marketing, and Sales
- Maintain financial data with Looker Explores
- Work with leads to develop metrics
- Dig into reports to understand and reconcile why report numbers may vary slightly
- Answer basic research questions
- Provide training and support to other users for Looker
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years in a data analysis-related position
- Experience delivering data-driven insights to various stakeholders
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Comfortable joining data tables and performing data manipulation
- Experience in translating a business question into data needs
- Basic data modeling techniques such as linear regression and ANOVA
- Experience using a business intelligence tool
- Comfortable explaining data analysis and visualizations to a non-data audience
- Ability to perform data quality checks and data audits to understand inconsistencies
- Experience with financial data and metrics is an asset
- Experience working with a data engineer is an asset
- Experience with the following programs and languages: R or Python, SQL, Looker or other business intelligence tools
- Experience with cloud data warehouse technologies such as BigQuery
- A work ethic that demonstrates dedication and commitment to Bold’s mission and belief in our BUILDERS Code
Why work at Bold?
Our founders have created a workplace that our Builders look forward to coming to every day. A place where ideas are valued, where you can learn and grow and do cool things, while contributing to the success of the company. At Bold we embrace and cultivate a culture of creativity, innovation, and collaboration to enable everyone to do their best work every day.
Enjoy our total rewards package including health benefits, a personal spending account, group retirement savings, an Employee Share Ownership Program (ESOP), and an education fund to help you grow personally and professionally. To see everything we offer, check out boldcommerce.com/careers.
Let’s start the conversation
If you’re a potential Builder who likes to get shit done and think you’ve got what it takes to be Bold, we encourage you to apply. We promise it will be a career like no other. We get a lot of applicants, so we encourage you to do something that stands out! Tell us about a passion project you’re proud of, or leave us inspired by your portfolio or GitHub. We look forward to getting to know the real you!