Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Our Canadian Wealth and Asset Management Division which includes both the Manufacturing of Retail and Institutional Investment Products as well as the Distribution through Financial Advisors and Group Retirement is looking for a Senior Data Analyst to participate in our data-based transformation.The Data Strategy and Governance Team combines technology with product expertise to bring unequalled value to the Investment Sales, Strategy and Product teams. We evaluate, collect, analyze and process data from a variety of internal and 3rd party sources for use in our Canadian Wealth and Asset Management business.
The Senior Data Analyst will:
- Proactively monitor and track our daily activities.
- Initiate, research, and perform advanced data analysis for internal stakeholders.
- Oversee the complete lifecycle of data integration: analysis, design, implementation and actively engage with the business on using the data to generate fact-based decisions.
- With the help of the data analysts; architect data flows, build out data pipelines and implement complex analytics.
- Build the data quality framework and governance processes to mitigate risk related to data inaccuracy.
The Senior Data Analyst is critical role that gives the ability to translate business problems to analytical solutions and insights. The incumbent understands the technologies and tools used by the IT, BI and Advanced Analytics Teams and can provide his view on how the data flows and data integration are impacting the business. You will be acting as a hub between all the Canadian Wealth and Asset Management users, IT and the Global data office.
Oversee the complete lifecycle of data integration
- Conduct ongoing needs assessment interviews with customers to determine data requirements and test/validate all developed data models. Look for opportunities to streamline and consolidate data models effectiveness.
- Additional functions include building data models, datasets and dataflows.
- As a member of the team this role is required to participate in projects that support new need in data.
- Transfer knowledge to the teams/departments through coaching/consulting.
- Evaluate data consumption with the business to ensure a full understanding of the flow of data by the data analysts. Negotiate delivery dates with Clients based on the complexity of the request.
- Partners with other internal divisions (e.g. Finance, Marketing Research) or external vendors.
- Review the productivity model to determine alignment with business strategy, makes recommendations for enhancements.
2. Building and assuring the proper data quality and governance processes
- Work with the Global Data Office to build and enhance Data Quality tests
- This role will need to establish the escalation process of the Data Quality exception-based flags and work with internal divisions to fix issues related to data.
- Develop effective communication with all different parties in case of data issues
- Restructure our data governance function by monitoring tasks and update documentation. Analyze the data impact on the business and collaborate with the risk function to sign off on processes.
- Mitigate End User Computing (EUC) risk on the team
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business
- 5+ years of relevant experience (Operations, Marketing, etc)
- Familiar with Agile concept and methodologies
- Passion for analyzing large and complex data sets and converting them into the information that drive business decisions.
- Superior analytical acumen
- Strong ability to document and monitor processes
- Attention to details and effective verbal/written communication skills
- Solid understanding of the upstream admin systems and downstream impacts to other areas
- Experience in setting up data pipelines, processing data with complex analytics and ensuring data integrity
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills. Ability to manage multiple projects and report simultaneously across different stakeholders.
- Structured thinking with ability to easily break down ambiguous problems and propose impactful solutions.
- Strong team player with a high commitment to quality work and service
- Eager to learn
- Establish a high level of peer trust and confidence and maintain positive customer relationships
- Good negotiation and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively in a self-directed manner
- Highly motivated and driven, able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work directly with senior management contacts within Manulife
- Flexible and creative to solve customer needs and assignments as assigned
- Ability to develop positive internal business relationships and contacts
- Always looking for ways to make continuous improvements
- Positive attitude and willingness for continuous learning of new technologies
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2019, we had more than 35,000 employees, over 98,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 30 million customers. As of September 30, 2020, we had $1.3 trillion (US$943 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $31.2 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife/JohnHancock, we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract,developandretaina workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention,advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin,colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers toprovideequal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process.All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent withapplicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies.To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact [email protected]