Our client requires a Senior Data Analyst for their Galileo Data Catalog initiative to be responsible for providing data analysis support to the Data Catalog, Data Quality Management, and Data Governance teams. This is a remote, 12-month contract available to candidates in Vancouver and Calgary.
- Diploma / degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience working as a Data Analyst with a variety of database technologies including MSFT SQL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, PowerBI including advance level experience working with data formats such as XML, CSV and JSON.
- Advanced knowledge on technical data lineage and data modeling concepts, with hands-on experience to perform data extraction especially for SaaS databases using OData, etc.
- Hopex or experience using other EA tools to perform logical data modeling is required.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision on the provided requirement definitions, and with great attention to the details.
- Experience with Azure DevOps software and Agile practices would be welcomed.
- Spanish language would be considered an asset.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Is an expert on data analysis involving SQL-based relational databases, MS SSAS Data Warehouses/ Data Marts, Historians and ETL Packages.
- Responsible for preparing Outcomes, Conclusions and Recommendations (resulting from data analysis) for management consumption.
- Responsible to support Data Architect in creating logical data models and data classes within Hopex.
- Supports and contributes to process documentations, operations design, and automation of data management processes.
- Has strong Human Resources domain knowledge.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please click the Apply button to send your resume in confidence directly to Meagan Tunley , Consultant, Aplin Information Technology. Visit our website at www.aplin.com to view our job opportunities, career tips and tools. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN DAVID APLIN GROUP.
If this is your first introduction to us, we invite you to become one of our satisfied candidates. David Aplin Group has been Canadian owned since 1975. Our professional consultants are passionate about helping you find a fulfilling job or career and ensuring your complete satisfaction with our process. Our proven track record, nearly four decades long, is largely due to our team of highly skilled and successful specialists. Through superior service and a commitment to long-term relationships, we provide deep specialization in core areas for complete recruiting and HR solutions across Canada – all from one source. We look forward to exceeding your expectations!
Learn more about David Aplin Group and view all of our current job opportunities, career tips, and tools at www.aplin.com.