Join our team
Interested in inventing the future?
You’re part of a team that will shape the evolution of communication, technology and value add services and help our clients stay connected to the people and things that matter to them most. The Sr. Consultant, focusing on Emerging Technology is responsible for supporting the innovation, incubation and solution development of key next wave technologies that we need to position to the market. This is required to ensure protection, growth and transformation of our B2B customer base and allow entry to new markets. This role will work in a matrix team – in collaboration with the CIO to maximize and evolve corporate investments and the TELUS Partner Hub team to utilize the strength of dynamic partner ecosystem to deliver these outcomes.
At TELUS, we are looking for people that like solving big problems in a team based organizational structure. We believe that our shared success is as much about what you bring to the table everyday as it is about your skills and qualifications. Smart, motivated people that work well in teams can move mountains!
TELUS is a great place to work. You can see it in our team members. The diversity of the TELUS team and their unique contributions set us apart from the competition. Our success is based as much on our future friendly team as the innovative internet, voice, data and wireless products and solutions we offer to consumer and the business markets.
Our team members include people like you – enthusiastic, innovative, passionate and energetic. We believe that you’ll find our high-performance culture personally fulfilling, professionally challenging and financially rewarding.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As the Sr. Consultant for Emerging Technology – you will provide technical and services development expertise to support outcome development for the B2B organization – utilizing new technologies either in its standalone derivative or in combination to evolving digital solutions. You will also work with sales, vertical marketing teams to develop business opportunities for the company.
- Strong consulting, solution development competencies in various technologies, services and industries.
- Proven experience in business and enterprise architecture and design
- Proven entrepreneurial mindset in the creation of solutions and translation to market products and services (business outcome/market sensitive)
- Strong analytical abilities, financial acumen and strategic thinking
- Strong pragmatic approach to problem solving driving solutions based on scenarios and time horizon
- Strong background in systems thinking & design thinking
- Strong background on innovation and incubation tactics
- Strong background in investment management.
- Very strong background in data science and integrated analytics.
- Strong understanding and application experience in some if not all of the following emerging technologies:
- Digital platforms/ecosystems: Next generation OSS, BSS and Others
- Automated Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Data and Visual Insights
- Others: 5G, Secure Access Service Edge, Mobile Edge Computing, SD-WAN, cybersecurity and NFV and IoT
- Proven leadership in business development for horizontal and vertical market needs
- Proven leadership in partner enablement and activation
- Proven knowledge and leadership in vertical solution development and monetization
- Big picture thinker who can provide end-to-end oversight to typically silo-ed functions, great collaborator and can drive team based results (based on cross portfolio product functions)
- Ability to understand corporate business strategies and company’s goals, and apply this understanding to make systems/technology development decisions
- Excellent service and solution architecture planning skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to drive negotiated outcomes while maintaining strong stakeholder relationships
- Strong writing and presentation skills to articulate ideas that involve interpretation, analysis, assessment and alignment
- Passion for excellence, strong work ethic and solutions-oriented
- Your enthusiasm for learning and innovation, love of a challenge and leadership capabilities will be keys to your success
- Develop solution based on emerging technologies to drive business/market outcome
- Support innovation stream and incubation tactics to prove monetization and scaling of solutions
- Support solution selection through corporate investment maximization or validation through partner ecosystems
- Support packaging solutions for segments, enable entry position for new/untapped markets
- Enable proactive benefits management
- Lead and influence high performance and collaboration in TELUS
Your ideal profile includes
- At least 5+ years of technology and services consulting, solution and service development background.
- At least 5+ years of experience in systems, data architecture applications.
- At least 3+ years of experience in data science practice
- At least 3+ years of systems thinking, design thinking and UX background in solution development
- At least 5+ years of strong frameworks knowledge and execution on pragmatic marketing, product management methodologies and processes
- At least 5+ years, of financial analysis and business case development experience, strategy development methodologies.
- At least 5+ years, of strong background in IT architecture, delivery and operations.
- At least 5+ years, of strong IT Service Management practice experience: multi-tech and multi-organizational design competencies.
- At least 5+ years, Solid ITIL, TMF, TOGAF and PMP and Agile Product and Project Management background
- Strong knowledge of wireless / fixed broadband, Telecom and non-Telecom IT applications, systems, platforms and services
- Engineering, IT or related technical degree with MBA preferred, or MBA with strong technical background and demonstrated experience/competence working with IP, wireless and related technologies, or 5+ years business background in a technology industry with relevant experience in a product management or development role.
What we give back to you:
- Opportunities to excel and show your stuff – work on high value and high visibility projects – this is one of the top priorities within the TELUS Business Solutions team
- Flexible work styles with the ability to work in and out of the office
- Work in an organization that actively supports your personal development with leading edge training and development tools
- An environment that lets you be your best every day
- Work in an organization that actively supports you giving back to the community you live in
- Competitive pay & benefits
- A place that embraces our core values:
- Spirited team work
- Courage to innovate
- Embrace change
- Initiate opportunity and a Passion for growth
Who is TELUS?
We’re a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.