You’ve got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we’re committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you’ll be one of over 207,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 153 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there’s no limit to the impact you can make. Let’s do this.
Overview of the opportunity
We are looking for Consultants and Sr Consultants with industry or advisory experience in areas of credit risk, enterprise risk, operational risk, capital adequacy and/or Basel III. We are looking for highly motivated professionals with an interest in developing leadership and client interaction skills, with strong communication and presentation skills, who are familiar with the Canadian regulatory landscape.
What you will do
A successful candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Risk experience acquired in a consultancy firm or a financial institution
- Knowledge of risk management from a variety or risks as credit, operational, market and/or enterprise risk
- Knowledge of Basel III, risk weighted assets calculations, Stress Testing
- Knowledge of credit underwriting, collateral management, limits and exposures management
- Familiar with banks and insurance regulation
- Familiar with IFRS 9 accounting standard
- Experience with regulatory reporting and risk data analytics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated ability at producing compelling presentations and reports
- Ability to summarize, crystalize and describe ideas and concepts that require interpretation
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and succeed in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Basic knowledge of programming languages (R, Python, VBA)
- Strong academic background with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Business, Finance, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
What you bring to the role
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right Excellence, we never stop learning and improving Courage, we think and act boldly Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG’s Employee Relations Service team for support at email: [email protected] or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at [email protected] .