The EY Data and Analytics team are specialists in information management, advanced analytics and business intelligence. We implement the information-driven strategies and systems that offer the highest return on investment, profitability, and service or policy outcomes for our clients.
Our consultants work to create a lasting organisational culture that encourages people to use information and technology more creatively and more intelligently to get better business results.
We offer the agility and responsiveness of a small business backed by the resources and reach of a Big Four firm. If interesting, cutting-edge analytics and enterprise intelligence projects in Canada appeal to you, get in touch today.
Your key responsibilities
- Working in mixed discipline project teams to deliver tailored advice to financial services clients.
- Active participation in architecture design, build, implementation and testing various technology solutions with a special focus on Financial Services sector risk, accounting, marketing, AI technologies.
- Leading and conducting engagements daily technical development activities.
- Supporting team members on end to end solution implementation problem resolution activities (Architecture, design, build, test, deploy).
- Documenting system/technical procedures for clients.
- Presenting and explaining technology infrastructure/architecture to clients.
- Supporting service offering development activities.
- Mentoring junior team members.
Skills and attributes for success
- Deep expertise with various programming languages and technology solutions (Azure, SSIS, AWS, GCP, SAS, Python, R, Unix.)
- Sound expertise in integration of on-premise and cloud architectures.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Data Factory, Microsoft Azure Data Lake Store and Microsoft Azure Apache Spark.
- Hands on experience in at least 3 of the followings: SQL Datawarehouse, Informatica, IDQ, EDC, Cosmos DB, Blob storage and Data Management.
- Good knowledge of cloud security policies (Azure Key vault, Identity and access management).
- Action oriented, exceptional communication skills, stakeholder management and client-focused mindset.
- Ability to articulate and present the business value of Microsoft’s solutions and have a firm understanding of Microsoft’s strategies and products.
- Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologies required.
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and languages on the fly.
- Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologies required
- Ability to support projects: accurately track and report on progress, predict challenges and risks.
- Ability to communicate project challenges and risks effectively at an executive level.
- Ability to support and provide strong technical guidance to junior team members.
- Knowledge of GitHub, Jira, Confluence.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Reliability/Security Clearance
- Certification in cloud technologies (Azure, GCP,AWS,etc)
- Engineering degree or equivalent in areas such as computer science, electrical engineering, industrial engineering, data science, statistics, business intelligence
- Minimum of 7 years experience working on AI and Advanced Analytics projects and large implementations in the Financial Services and Insurance industry.
- Minimum of 2 years experience managing projects and leading project deliverables from a technical standpoint.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Good understanding of financial sector regulations (IFRS9, IFRS17, Solvency, CECL etc.)
- Experience as a system administrator or a platform engineer
- Advanced level certifications in various technologies
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident leader equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture – built on high-performance teaming – where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It’s one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We’re committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging. From our actions to combat systemic racism and our advocacy for the LGBT+ community to our innovative Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives, we welcome and embrace the diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds and perspectives that make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada’s top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.