Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions so you feel empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and feel truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You’ll Be Doing
As the Senior Consultant, Control Design and Analytics you will be joining the OTC Derivatives team within Capital Markets and Wealth Management Operations. You will provide strategic direction on the operational controls and analytical tooling surrounding Capital Markets Regulatory reporting. You will leverage industry best practices to design and develop effective operational controls that are supported by advanced technology solutions to ensure compliance with multiple regulatory jurisdictions. You will work with stakeholders to develop a product vision that satisfies requirements. You will curate users stories and feedback and prioritize work on those with maximum value. You will combine and analyze data from multiple external and internal data sources to identify potential gaps in reporting and select appropriate BI tool(s) and features to meet user needs. You are confident, thorough and have the ability to use good judgment when making decisions involving a high degree of attention to detail.
Contract End Date: May 14, 2021
How You’ll Succeed
- Extensive OTC Derivative Products Knowledge/Experience – Working knowledge of the structure of derivatives transactions from both a theoretical and practical viewpoint as well as the basic finance principles that underlie them. Possess a University Masters or Undergraduate degree in economics or business with 5-10 years of business related experience.
- Analytical Skills – 5-10 years background in analytics leveraging state-of-the-art tools. Demonstrate a deep understanding of database structures (relational, hierarchical, distributed) and associated platforms. Ability to use effective communication skills necessary to interpret and convey data that is often very technical.
- Forward & Strategic Thinking – Define major types of compliance, audit and enforcement mechanisms. Examine the impact on new regulatory obligations against existing workforce and technology designs. Develop and deploy formal training packages when rolling out new controls and/or analytical tools.
- Leadership – provide direction in the execution of deliverables through the effective management of assigned resources. Foster an environment oriented to trust, open communication, creative thinking and cohesive team effort.
- Project Management – Participate in formal Agile Scrums to build backlog of product features as the lead Product Owner. Remain project oriented with the ability to multi-task multiple priorities. Understand that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one.
- Subject Matter Expert – Demonstrate awareness of Regulatory Reporting obligations and act as a subject matter expert explaining the purpose and necessity of regulations, policies, and guidelines. Create standards for capturing control deficiencies that quantify impact, create paths for escalation, and track until full resolution.
Who You Are
- You are digitally savvy. You seek out innovative solutions and embrace evolving technologies. You can easily adapt to new tools and trends .
- You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it’s the right thing to do.
- You understand that success is in the details. You notice things that others don’t. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making.
- You embrace and champion change. You’ll continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work in order to deliver your best.
- You’re driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to bring a shared vision to life.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You’ll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone’s unique talents, and empowers teams to do what’s right for the client, and to do it well.As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive:Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect:Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop:Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning,andcomprehensive product training
- Prosper:Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact [email protected]
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
Expected End Date
Toronto-161 Bay St., 12th