What’s Bench? Check us out in Fintech Impact, Perkins + Will, Daily Hive, BC Business, our Instagram, and our Blog.
We acknowledge that Bench headquarters is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy’əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl’ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
We’re a committed and talented group of diverse people working hard to solve a real, universal problem for millions of entrepreneurs: businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between doing their books and running their businesses. Bench solves this dilemma by taking bookkeeping off of their hands. We’ve paired smart humans with incredibly powerful software to develop the fastest, most efficient bookkeeping service in history. This lets us provide monthly and yearly financials at an incredibly accessible price, giving business owners the time, confidence, and knowledge they need to be successful.
Bench is growing fast. Recently, we’ve onboarded our 10,000th client and our 600th employee. We have a clear, funded path to profitability, and a roadmap that we believe will rapidly accelerate the trajectory of our business. We’re looking for the brightest minds who love solving tough problems to join us on this incredible journey, in pursuit of bringing financial mastery to our clients.
What does the People team look like?
We’re a warm and caring bunch, obsessed with making a difference for our Benchmates. And, we’re one of the most critical functions in our business. The People team carefully manages the employee experience from beginning to end. Our Total Rewards team ensures we are always able to attract, motivate and retain our talented people through competitive compensation and benefits programs. We’re looking for our next Total Rewards teammate who will own the day-to-day management of our rapidly growing compensation program.
What you’ll be getting up to:
- You’ll own our annual compensation review process, ensuring managers have up-to-date market data to inform decision making.
- Have your finger on the pulse of emerging compensation trends both inside Bench and outside in the labour market, by being endlessly curious.
- Own the completeness and accuracy of our compensation data.
- Implement and maintain our HRIS compensation data and Compensation Management software.
- Collaborate with our Financial Planning team to align our business forecasting with your analysis of market compensation trends.
- Design equity-driven total rewards practices that support our employees and actively combat conscious and unconscious bias.
- Support leaders to create motivating career progression structures in a quickly changing business environment.
- Ensure we are compliant with relevant laws and regulations in a quickly expanding remote-first workforce.
- Develop and manage a dynamic job description library.
- Work with our Benefits Specialist to deliver a competitive and equitable benefits package that meets the diverse needs of our employees.
- Document and communicate our Total Rewards processes in a way that is effective and easy to understand.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of compensation experience in a growing and ever-evolving changing organization.
- High proficiency in Google Sheets
- A people-centered approach: You’re collaborative, optimistic and you listen to understand, demonstrating kindness and empathy in all interactions.
- A drive to make things better: You’re not satisfied with “good enough”, and nothing that needs fixing is just someone else’s job. You love to experiment, try new things, and drive improvement; within your own team, and across the organization.
- Zoom-in, Zoom-out: You can take a big-picture perspective to identify and stay focused on what’s most important, then zoom-in on the details to execute seamlessly.
- Intellectual curiosity: It’s not enough for you to know the what – you need to know the why! You are energized by challenging problems and are persistent/resourceful in your efforts to solve them.
- Startup hustle: You are highly motivated, proactive, comfortable with change and ambiguity. You have a humble, team-player attitude and are ready to pitch in wherever you are needed most.
Bonus points, if you have:
- Experience with multinational compensation programs.
- Experience implementing a compensation management tool or software.
- SQL knowledge
- Tableau experience is an added asset
The extra details:
- This is a full-time permanent position because we want to spend lots of time with your wonderful self!
- This position offers an annual salary, stock options, and an extended benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision.
- Our office has gone fully remote! We’ll set you up with everything you need to work from home, from day one.
- We’re accepting applications from people in BC & ON in Canada.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society-including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don’t stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.