Digital Health Technology team powers digital experiences and engagement to enhance the lives of millions of people every day through connected care. We build, deliver and manage a portfolio of data management platforms and mobile offerings in support of our core businesses. We thrive on simple and elegant architecture and agility. You’ll be immersed in a dynamic high-growth environment and empowered to excel, take informed risks, and drive ingenuity across the enterprise.
Open to remote in Canada
Digital Health Technology team powers digital experiences and engagement to enhance the lives of millions of people every day through connected care. We build, deliver and manage a portfolio of advanced analytics, web and mobile application products in support of our core businesses. We thrive on simple and elegant architecture and agility. You’ll be immersed in a dynamic high-growth environment and empowered to excel, take informed risks, and drive ingenuity across the enterprise.
Let’s talk about the team and you:
We are looking for a highly technical Senior Cloud Software Engineer to join our growing team of IoMT platform experts. You will work backward from the customer and distill customer requirements along with our team. As a back-end engineer, you will design and develop micro-services and Rest APIs of indefinite scale. You will build, deploy and maintain backend software components to extract, transform and load billions of data sets with minimum latency. You contribute to the internal and customer facing technical specification of our products and work with engineering and product leadership to shape the forward-looking roadmap/ strategy. You ensure industry best practices are followed in design and architecture decisions, bring emerging technologies into designs when appropriate.
The ideal candidate will bring fresh ideas from all areas, including distributed computing, large-scale system design, security, artificial intelligence, UI design and cloud native technologies; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to ResMed’s needs with opportunities to switch projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic.
Let’s talk about Responsibilities:
This position requires practical knowledge of automation, cloud native technologies, software engineering methodologies, operations, AI/ML and security concepts. The ideal candidate will produce high quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration.
You will do this by:
- Develop, deploy and scale microservices, multi-tier, robust modular, high-volume performing, and reliable user-centric distributed applications that operate 24×7
- Develop and integrate API’s across applications
- Implement automation and provision solutions in cloud infrastructure to meet business needs and project deliverables
- Setup and implementation of CI/CD processes
- Define and implement operations monitoring approach across cloud systems and their integrations
- Drive technical architecture and execution
- Troubleshoot performance and reliability issues at a global scale
- Make architectural trade-offs applying modern software design patterns, write code, and deliver with speediness and quality
- Provide technical leadership, driving and performing best engineering practices to initiate, plan, and execute large-scale, cross functional, and company-wide critical programs. Identify, leverage, and successfully evangelize opportunities to improve engineering productivity
Let’s talk about Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor in Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- 4 – 6 years of relevant experience in a software development role
- Proficient in Python
- Strong experience with containerization, serverless, APIs and cloud native technologies
- Advanced working knowledge of relational (SQL) and NoSQL technologies
- Able to research, architect and drive complex technical solutions, consisting of multiple technologies
- Experience operating and developing infrastructure and services in public cloud environments
- Experience with application and service monitoring tools and techniques
- Experience working with open source projects
- Strong project management skills, including excellent presentation development
- Expert in writing detailed solution specifications, diagrams, best practices/standards documentation, operating procedures, test plans/test reports, etc.
Let’s talk about what you can expect:
- A supportive environment that focuses on people development and best practices
- Opportunity to design, influence and be innovative
- Work with global teams and share new ideas
- Be supported both inside and outside of the work environment
- The opportunity to build something meaningful and see a direct positive impact on people’s lives
Joining us is more than saying “yes” to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!