Employment Type: Permanent
About the team you are joining
Working within the Information security team in the ITS division, this role will report to the Head of Security. The incumbent will primarily focus on improving the security architecture of the IATA Information Technology cloud environment. You will be responsible for the design and architecture of the unified infrastructure solution running on AWS. To contribute most effectively you will have to demonstrate a deep understanding of AWS cloud computing concepts and how security controls are applied in AWS. Examples of cloud security concepts include:
- Systems and Network Architecture
- Identity and Access Management
- Securing CI/CD pipelines
- Secrets Management
- Protecting data at rest and in transit
- Logging, detection and response
- Security controls for containers (e.g. Docker and Kubernetes).
What your day would be like
- Design, build and implement enterprise-class security systems for a production environment • Align standards, frameworks and security with overall business and technology strategy • Identify and communicate current and emerging security threats
- Designing AWS cloud security solution in hybrid enterprise environment.
- Design security architecture elements to mitigate threats as they emerge
- Create solutions that balance business requirements with information and cyber security requirements
- Identify security design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend changes or enhancements
- Implementing AWS cloud security solution and proof of concept environment.
- Creating cloud migration designs and migrating environment
- Establishing trust and collaborative working relationships with the rest of the ITS team including participating in workshops
- Constantly evolving and growing cloud security skills
- Manage and coach direct report to enhance their skills and expertise and to demonstrate IATA’s values
- Actively sharing knowledge within the team
We would love to hear from you if
- Master’s degree in computer science, Engineering or Cybersecurity;
- 10 years experience with Security Architect and/or Engineering, of which 5 with AWS.
- Candidates must have a keen interest in public cloud security technology, and already have experience in architecture of AWS security solutions. An “AWS Certified Security – Speciality” certification is required;
- Experience building enterprise security strategy for cloud adoption or driving the program’s evolution to meet new requirements;
- Knowledge of ISO 27001:2013 / PCI-DSS / SOC2/ NIST;
- Strong knowledge and hands-on technical expertise of the following technologies and concepts: DevOps, Threats modelling, automated pipeline technologies and Identity and access management (IAM);
- Exceptional communication skills with diverse audiences – Strong critical thinking and analytical skills;
- Demonstrated ability to identify risks associated with business processes, operations, information security programs and technology projects;
- The ability to be the enterprise security subject matter expert who can explain technical topics to those without a technical background;
- Proven peoplemanagement skills with ability to motivate and develop team;
- Strong attention to details;
- Ability to work as part of a team and autonomously;
- Strong customer focus and interpersonal skills in a global environment;
- Excellent oral and written English.
Travel Required: N
Diversity and Inclusion are one of our key priorities and we want to role model it. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills in which you can contribute at your best and be who you are. The more inclusive we are, the better we will be able to thrive to represent, lead and service the airline industry. If there is anything we can do to create a more comfortable interview experience for you, please let us know.
Learn more about IATA’s role in the industry, our benefits, and the team at iata/careers/. We are looking forward to hearing from you!