Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and implement their workloads? Do you like to work on a variety of projects, leading customer and partner teams to achieve best practices? Do you want to and develop integrated solutions using the latest services and technologies? Do you like mapping solutions and technical information to a customer’s context? Do you enjoy researching to build knowledge base and gather best practices on technology, products, businesses processes, and the industry?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) Professional Services helps provide demonstrable value to our customers by helping them accelerate their adoption of services and technologies. We are looking for highly talented and technical consultants in Canada to help accelerate our growing Professional Services business within the Canadian Public Sector. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
The Consultant role is focused on delivering innovative solutions to customers, accelerating their adoption to realize value and allowing them to maximize their investments. Consultants use their broad and deep knowledge of technology and IT operations to solutions by mapping common customer business problems to reusable services focused on operational effectiveness and business value. To accomplish operational effectiveness, a consultant will manage the complete technical life cycle of large and complex projects.
Building upon solid IT project experience relative to their level, selected consultants will work with partners and customers to assist in:
• The delivery of high-quality engagements around services, solution areas, and technologies into diverse client environments leveraging available IP and following defined delivery methodologies and service offerings.
• Capturing requirements, business goals and objectives and helping create value maps and return on investment business case.
• The use and development of an integrated solution using AWS services.
• Understanding the relevant infrastructure, application and operations implications of the designed/developed solution.
• Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
• Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience
• Lead technical and discussions with IT executives to help enterprises speed their adoption of new technologies and practices
• Leverage new technology paradigms (e.g., serverless, containers, microservices)
• We are looking for someone who is passionate about:
• Working on the cutting edge of a wide range of innovative uses cases.
• Architect solutions for mid-level, resiliency, and maintainability.
• Setting-up and configuring services to best practices.
• Automated software deployment and configuration management.
• Coaching Customer and Partner teams to be self-sufficient.
• Amazon aims to be the most customer-centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
• Practical and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Virtualized environment.
• Experience building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure.
• Prior success in automating a real-world production environment.
• Experience with Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible in production environments with many nodes.
• Familiarity with CloudFormation and JSON.
• Scripting skills, i.e., Powershell, , Bash, , Perl, etc.
• Knowledge of IP networking, VPN’s, , load balancing and firewalling.
• Familiarity with any monitoring tools like Nagios, Incinga, SiteScope, etc.
• Experience with revision control source code repositories (Git, SVN, Mercurial, Perforce).
• Management of continuous integration servers like Jenkins, Bamboo and TeamCity.
• Experience with seamless/automated build scripts used for release management across all environments.
• Experience with automated testing tools (i.e. Selenium, JMeter).
• Understanding and experience with code deployment (tagging).
• Active open source contributor.
• Understanding of and experience with Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA and REST).
• Hands-on technical practitioner and individual contributor.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
• Ability to be mobile and travel for projects.
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
• Highly technical and analytical, possessing 7 or more years of IT implementation experience
• Implementation of services in a environments with Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.