Senior Category Analyst, Line Pipe
Reference Code: 71242
Location: Canada (CA) – Calgary, AB
Job Category: Supply Chain/Procurement
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Application Deadline: 02/07/2021
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
Reporting to the Manager, Materials & Equipment, the Senior Category Analyst Line Pipe will support new and ongoing procurement across all North American business units with annual, enterprise-wide spend of approximately $500 Million USD, predominantly for pipe of outside diameter 30″ and greater.
The Senior Category Analyst Line Pipe will support value generating initiatives, participate in supplier performance evaluations and reviews, analyze and validate market intelligence, generate demand and capacity reporting, and provide multiple purchase scenarios and analyses where required. In addition, the successful candidate will be required to manage problems that are unique, which require critical, independent, and holistic thinking. The Senior Category Analyst Line Pipe will work closely with the Line Pipe Category Lead to ensure alignment and consistency across decisions and robust implementation of these initiatives.
This is considered an ideal developmental role for candidates seeking an opportunity to develop into a Category Lead longer-term.
What you’ll do
- Lead the development and formation of large scale supply agreements that drive business value and mitigate risk to TC Energy
- Generate and provide sourcing recommendations based on detailed oversight and insight
- Provide top tier support to multiple project teams and stakeholders, proactively identifying risks and constraints
- Support Category Lead Line Pipe with market intelligence research and detailed analysis of data from both internal and external sources
- Responsible for maturing supplier performance improvement process and strategic supplier relationship management
- Development and implementation of internal processes to improve efficiency of decision making and process execution
- Provide mentorship to more junior team members
- Obtain and provide insight and as needed direction into International trade issues such as safeguards, anti-dumping and countervailing duties, and Administrative Orders
- Provide real time assistance in facilitating technical and technical/commercial negotiations as required
- Provide Class 3/4 level estimates as required incorporating multiple data sources and estimating techniques
- Support development of category execution strategies
- Maintain contract records in SAP and CMS, ensuring governance requirements are met at all times
- Develop, issue and manage Expression/Solicitation of Interest (EOI/SOI) as well as RFx documents
- Support administration of contracts in the Contract Management System
- Support the development and execution of change management & communication plans
- Support development and administration of category reporting dashboard; including managing and updating preferred supplier profiles and key data
- Interpret contract clauses and support issuance of contract documents/letters and claims documents; support Category Leads with developing a claims process where necessary
- Support and/or lead the development of best in class templates to improve use of master agreements
- Monitor and track non-category supported spend, and category savings
- Administer multiple contracts including issuance, negotiation and approval of change orders, RFI’s, etc.
- Manage contract amendment process and Terms and Conditions improvement
- Responsible for contract documentation and archiving process.
- Successful completion of an undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Minimum 10 years of progressive related experience
- Experience with large diameter line pipe manufacturing, coating, and delivery
- Strong planning, project management and organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task under high pressure situations with competing priorities and a sense of urgency
- Expert abilities in Excel and Powerpoint
- Demonstrate excellent written, verbal and presentation skills; able to distill concepts and make them compelling; gains buy-in from executive-level stakeholders
- Designation or enrollment in a Supply Chain Management program such as ISM, SCMP, CSCMP, or IACCM
- Experience with relevant systems and tools would also be considered an asset, such as SAP and Ariba
- Identifies and articulates cost savings opportunities based on spend-, market-, and business analysis
- Identifies and facilitates adoption of best practices based on interactions with leading suppliers
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Apply to this posting by 02/07/2021 using reference code 71242. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting [email protected]