The Applications Development Senior Programmer Analyst is responsible for participation in the establishment and implementation of new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to contribute to applications systems analysis and programming activities.
- Conduct tasks related to feasibility studies, time and cost estimates, IT planning, risk technology, applications development, model development, and establish and implement new or revised applications systems and programs to meet specific business needs or user areas
- Monitor and control all phases of development process and analysis, design, construction, testing, and implementation as well as provide user and operational support on applications to business users
- Utilize in-depth specialty knowledge of applications development to analyze complex problems/issues, provide evaluation of business process, system process, and industry standards, and make evaluative judgement
- Recommend and develop security measures in post implementation analysis of business usage to ensure successful system design and functionality
- Consult with users/clients and other technology groups on issues, recommend advanced programming solutions, and install and assist customer exposure systems
- Ensure essential procedures are followed and help define operating standards and processes
- Serve as advisor or coach to new or lower level analysts
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience
- Experience in systems analysis and programming of software applications
- Experience in managing and implementing successful projects
- Working knowledge of consulting/project management techniques/methods
- Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
- 5+ year experience in desktop/web application development
- Experience in Node.js will be an advantage
- Experience in C#
- Knowledge in TypeScript
- Knowledge of container and virtualization technologies (eg. Docker) is a plus
- Experience of source control software such as Git
- Understanding of the SDLC lifecycle for Agile & Waterfall methodologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience developing application in Financial Services industry is preferred
- Good learning skills
Nice to haves
- Recent experience with modern UI development using Angular2+ and React
- Experience in debugging, tuning and optimizing UI components
- Good knowledge of Fixed Income and Derivative products is highly desirable
Citi Canada is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities (including, without limitation, physical and mental health disabilities) during the recruitment process and otherwise in accordance with law. Individuals who view themselves as Aboriginals, members of visible minority or racialized communities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi .
View the ” EEO is the Law ” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement .
View the EEO Policy Statement .
View the Pay Transparency Posting