TMX facilitates fully electronic trading on Canada’s premier equities Exchanges, Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) and TSX Venture Exchange (TSXV), and TSX Alpha Exchange (TSXA). We offer efficient, fair and transparent stock market trading services that provide choice and flexibility to meet the unique needs of traders and investors around the world. TMX equities marketplaces are supported by our proprietary high performance trading system, TMX Quantum XA®, and are designed to enhance the liquidity of securities traded on them.
Your Role Summary:
The role of the Senior C++ Developer is to employ advanced technical and process oriented skills and knowledge, supported by strong communication skills, in the development and support of TSX mission critical business system applications. Application development activities are conducted throughout the entire project life cycle and subsequent production support and maintenance stages of an application. The development stages range from project concept through architecture & design, construction, testing, implementation, maintenance and support.
Your Key Accountabilities and Contributions:
- Develop and deliver high performance, highly available and sustainable real time trading, risk management and data analytics applications
- Contribute to the overall and detailed design and development of the multi-tier applications interfacing with distributed external systems and clients
- Work as part of an Agile Squad to understand requirements and develop solutions to meet sprint goal
- Provide guidance to other junior development staff on various development assignments
- Conduct / participate in code reviews, identify language related problems and performance issues, provide feedback and corrections related to online documentation, evaluate code compliance to enterprise and project standards
- Provide third level of support as required
- Preparation of standard application technical, operational / procedural documentation for development team, users and technical support staff
- Post secondary education in Computer Science or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Key information technology skills/knowledge of five to seven years are required. A combination of the following will be required for the position: Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Data Model Analysis & Design, UML, C++, STL, Oracle, Linux, Redhat OS, Perl, HP Blades, TCP socket, Multithreading, design patterns
- Strong experience and proficiency in designing and developing real-time business applications
- Hands on experience in Java, SQL RDBMS, Linux, Perl, Python and Java Scripts
Nice to Have(s):
- Hands on experience with Solace messaging middleware
- Advanced knowledge of trading applications and FIX Protocol
- Organized, focused and persistent – ability to work to the plan and meet delivery dates
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong and proficient verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to manage and balance multiple concurrent assignments and deadlines
- Experience working with agile methodologies
TMX is committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide accommodations for applicants and employees who require it.