• Perform business analysis of functional requirements to identify information, procedures, and decision flows.
• Develop and document a detailed statement of requirements for the proposed alternative recommended in the preliminary analysis report.
• Prepare/review logistic support cost estimates, analysis and alternatives, present trade-off information and recommend course of action along the various phases and stages of project life cycle.
• Evaluate existing procedures and methods, identify and document items such as database content, structure, application subsystems, and develop data dictionary.
• Define and document interfaces of manual to automated operations within application subsystems, to external systems, and between new and existing systems.
• Identify candidate business processes for re-design, prototype potential solutions, provide trade-off information and suggest a recommended course of action. Identify the modifications to the automated processes.
• Document the technological environment for the testing of a prototype or product, providing logistic support, proposing acceptance test criteria.
• Coordinate user acceptance testing and site surveys prior to the deployment of the solution.
• Prepare the following: business requirements documentation, statement of requirements for considered alternatives, requirements traceability matrix, create acceptance test criteria documentation, create solution validation plan and associated documents such as client surveys, amended procedures and methods documents, cost estimates, risk management procedures and Prepare Lessons learned documentation
We have 2 openings on this federal government contract coming up! In order to be considered for the Senior Business Systems Analyst, you must be able to clearly demonstrate the following experience within your resume:
- 7 years experience within the last 15 years gathering and analyzing business requirements as a Business Systems Analyst in which ALL of the following tasks were performed:
- Managing requirements throughout the solution development cycle.
- Performing traceability of requirements.
- Process mapping.
- Evaluating existing procedures and methods.
- Identifying and documenting procedures and methods.
- Performing change impact analysis.
- 7 years experience within the last 15 years:
- Working as a Business Systems Analyst establishing acceptance test criteria with clients.
- Using modelling tools to develop business requirements (such as user case diagrams, conceptual data models, workflow models etc.)
- Conducting business needs assessments and developing a business case.
- Must have a university undergraduate degree OR a college diploma/certificate from a recognized post-secondary institution in any field OR five (5) years of experience in Business Requirements gathering for the IM/IT enabled projects.
- Candidates must hold an Enhanced Reliability Clearance with PSPC/PWGSC or be eligible to apply. This level of Clearance is required to work on this contract.
- The work would be remote to start, but after 8-10 months, the employee would need to be available to work on-site at the Ottawa office.