Royal Bank of Canada
What is the opportunity?
You will be responsible for business analysis activities on medium to large size Agile and iWF projects/Labs. You demonstrate advanced knowledge & ability, apply the competency in new or complex situations and guide other professionals. You will be responsible for execution of all aspects of requirements delivery – planning, elicitation, analysis & documentation, management and support – for changes to Business Areas and Technology. You will be part of an ever-growing portfolio of Enterprise Client Applications such as CCP (Common Client Profile), Client Data Management (CDM) Hub etc. that are key enablers of the Regulatory and Transformational Programs such as Bill-C74, Bill-C86, AML, Client Segmentation etc.
What will you do?
- Perform requirements stakeholder analysis to identify impacted or influencing groups and stakeholder requirements responsibilities
- Manage risks, assumptions and constraints for requirements, and communicate to appropriate parties
- Facilitate collaborative sessions with large and diverse business stakeholder groups to drive requirements discovery, analysis, and review
- Participate in various Agile ceremonies, alongside the Product Owner
- Build and maintain a repository of reusable requirements documentation to support future initiatives, following the enterprise standards in Confluence
- Provide ongoing requirements/build/testing support to the developers and QA team
- Apply advanced coverage analysis techniques to ensure relationship between scope, detailed requirements, and testing through to implementation
- Prepare requirements for review applying various communication techniques/tools and lead requirements walkthrough and sign off sessions
What do you need to succeed?
- 5-10 years of relevant career BA/BSA experience in a project-based Agile environment. Expert at requirements gathering, documentation, testing and developing high level plans.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, inquisitive nature and comfort challenging current practices
- Experience in Requirements analysis and quality documentation: Scope Modelling, Business Process Modelling, Use Cases, Data Requirements, Business Rules Analysis, Non Functional Requirements, User Stories, Story Decomposition, and Story Mapping, Acceptance and Evaluation Criteria Definition
- Excellent communication skills required; will be working with BU stakeholders and IT stakeholders;
- Excellent collaboration skills, attention to detail, gap analysis, and ability to work on multiple projects at the same time. Experience working on medium to large projects – over $1 million
- Working knowledge of JIRA and Confluence environments
Nice to Have:
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) or Project Management Institute -Professional in Business Analysis Certification (PMI – PBA) or Masters Certificate in Business Analysis
- Hands on experience in developing Swagger for REST APIs
- 5+ years experience in financial services sector
- Experience in enterprise and digital projects
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers .
Address: 88 Queens Quay
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
Required Travel(%): 0
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 01/04/2021
Platform: Technology and Operations
Req ID: 293341