Senior Business System Analyst
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Position ID: J0221-1574
Employment Type: Full Time
We are Canada’s largest independent information technology services firm, and after 40 years, we’re still growing! Join Canada’s largest IT Company as a Business System Analyst.
This position is for the Business Analyst Consultant to work as a member of a large program team and work directly with the Client.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Elicit and document (user stories, story maps, etc.) high level and detailed requirements and process/data flows (as-is, future state) for enhancements and new feature requests for existing onboarding and servicing applications for Scotia Wealth Management
• Provide investigative support and perform prioritization, root cause analysis, and impact analysis for L1 and L2 support for existing applications
• Work as a liaison among various business and technology teams to ensure strategic alignment for the solutions being considered/implemented
• Conduct and manage requirements elicitation and demo sessions with stakeholder teams
• Assist Scrum Master in managing agile delivery/adoption (manage JIRA, Confluence, Kanban, ServiceNow) and participate in agile ceremonies
• Support UAT and release management (including post implementation verification)
• Participate in systems implementation process by developing test cases, performing testing, defining user procedures and workflows, developing conversion and implementation strategies, verifying conversion, providing user documentation, providing user training, and providing post-implementation support.
• Continually acquire and enhance knowledge of business strategies and policies, risk management practices and methodologies, product offerings, financial markets, financial instruments, regulatory requirements, Back Office processes, and rapidly changing technology to be able to provide effective business solutions and services to the end user business lines.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 6+ years of experience working as a Business Analyst in the Financial Services industry
• 6+ years of experience working in a major transformation initiative i.e. analysis including requirements definition, feasibility studies, cost estimates, proposals, business process mapping, design, development, quality assurance, user acceptance testing and implementation
• 6+ years of experience in Information Technology in all phases of the systems development lifecycle in a Waterfall and Agile methodology.
• Extensive knowledge of Wealth Management processes and technologies
• Business analysis or development experience with business process management tools such as Pega
• Skill in building strong working relationships with business, technology, compliance and regulatory teams and partners.
• Ability to articulate complex technical problems or solutions in a business friendly language.
• Bachelors or Master’s Degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience.
• Proficiency in business analysis requirements, technical analysis and design requirements.
• Highly experienced in working knowledge with one or more Wealth Management systems such as trading system, fee management, and reporting system an asset. (3+ years)
• Be creative, self-starting, results-oriented, and motivated individual with solid analytical skills in order to apply this knowledge to assist in the resolution of business problems.
• Technical certification or business certification is an asset.
• Good to have NodeJS skills
- Wealth Management
- Business system Analyst (ITSM)
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.