Marsh & McLennan Companies
At VICTOR we believe our people are our most important asset. We offer a dynamic & challenging work environment, training and development opportunities, a competitive total rewards package and believe in work/life balance.
We currently have an opening reporting to our Ottawa office for a:
Senior Business Analyst
What can you expect?
At Victor, a Senior Business Analyst is a trained individual who analyzes an organization or business domain and documents its business or processes or systems, assessing the business model or its integration with technology.
What is in it for you?
Victor Canada offers competitive employee benefits and a thriving culture to bring your authentic self to work
- A company with a strong Brand and strong results to match
- Culture of internal mobility, collaboration and valued partnership with HR from the business.
- Employee Resource Groups which provide access to leaders, relevant volunteer and mentoring opportunities and interactions with counterparts in industry groups and client organizations.
- Competitive pay (salary and bonus potential), Full benefits package – starting day one (medical, dental, vision, STI/LTI, life insurance, RSP (Retirement Savings Plan or TFSA (tax free savings account.) (regional specificity required)
- Generous Parental Leave and Tuition Reimbursement plan per year and participation in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (regional specificity required)
- Entitled to vacation, persona and floating holidays, time off to give back to your community, 10 sick days, and nine company holidays (with early dismissal).
- Multiple medical, dental, and vision plans with choices to fit all needs and budgets
- Benefits coverage starting Day 1
We will count on you to:
- Responsible for understanding business needs, facilitating business requirements, documenting business requirements in Business Requirements Documents (BRD) and developing current and future state process diagrams
- Documenting use-cases required to support business requirements for application development and developing requirements tractability matrices as input for UAT
- May be responsible for global projects involving multiple countries, practices and functions
- Translate business strategies and objectives into business requirements. Provide tractability of business requirements to IT solutions and ensure system testing encompasses existing capabilities of solution as well as future function point requirements
- Identify, verify and document functional requirements using requirements management methodology and tools. Identify data elements and provide data mappings and dictionaries
- Analyze, design, redesign and document business processes. Ensure development community has a clear and complete understanding of the requirements.
- Conduct and facilitate acceptance tests for solutions with the user community including development of UAT test scenarios and test scripts. Develop, deliver and evaluate training and supplemental materials
- Conduct and analyze feasibility studies and impact assessments regarding implementation of IT solutions against current state parameters (process, application use-cases, non-functional impact). Partner with business and IT to define and manage scope with each release
What you need to have:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- IIBA Certificate desired
- 7+ years of experience analyzing business problems and designing successful solutions
- Commercial Insurance, a plus
- Work well under pressure and demonstrates strong business process analysis and documentation skills including the ability to elicit and document business requirements and lead sessions comprised of IT and business representatives
- Ability to articulate business and design concepts to end users and development teams
What makes you stand out:
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to partner with IT, business and others to develop and design n successful solutions.
- Excellent communication skills including fluency in written and spoken English
Victor Insurance Holdings, formerly known as The Schinnerer Group, is the world’s largest managing general underwriter with locations in the US, Canada, UK, Netherlands, Germany, Italy, and Australia. It handles more than $1.6 billion USD in premium on behalf of numerous insurance carriers, through a large network of more than 25,000 active insurance agents and brokers. With deep, specialized underwriting expertise, the company provides a wide range of insurance coverage – from specialty property and casualty and professional liability insurance to group and retiree benefits. Victor Insurance is committed to building on 60-plus years of experience to develop products that address risk in new and evolving areas. For more information, visit www.victorinsurance.com.
Victor Canada, formerly ENCON Group Inc., is a subsidiary of Victor Insurance Holdings and a leading managing general agent in Canada. Victor Canada has a rich history in specialty insurance, and offers a unique range of products and programs distributed through independent brokers and advisors. The company is committed to empowering insurance professionals and their clients through innovation, specialized underwriting expertise, and a nimble, technology-oriented business approach. For more information, visit www.victorinsurance.ca.