Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works behind the scenes to support operational excellence. Our functional services teams (FSTs) provide services to 22,000 employees in over 350 locations worldwide. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our company stronger. Explore opportunities in Information Technology Services.
Reporting to the Director, HR/Payroll Solution Delivery within the Integrated Business Applications (IBA) group of IT Services, this position is responsible for implementing changes to existing functionality in Stantec systems in the Human Resources, Workforce and BI Dashboard domains. Overall, the Oracle HR/HCM Senior Business Analyst is the liaison to the various stakeholders involved in the HR & Workforce management business process to ensure the underpinning system functionality and flows effectively and efficiently meets the various stakeholder needs, both from a day-to-day support and continuous improvement perspective.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Collaborate closely with the business users to identify, capture, and refine business decisions and requirements to a sufficient level of detail for system solutions to be developed.
- From within IT, work as an integral member of the development team to collaborate, refine and validate business requirements throughout the agile development cycle from design through to testing.
- Perform in-depth internal testing of system changes to prepare the system for business user testing.
- Engage business users as appropriate to validate and refine requirements and functional solution designs.
- Perform service delivery activities following pre-defined processes/procedures.
- Identify opportunities to reduce or prevent incidents occurring such as educating/training end-users, or functional/technical changes.
- Plan, prepare and execute functional, and system testing and assist in issue resolution; develop test cases as required.
- Process service requests, coordinate and participate in testing and implementation for large scale upgrades and integrations, as well as assist operations.
- Partnering with designated Business Process Leads to analyze current state business processes, identify pain-points, and developing recommendations for process/system improvement.
- Provide user priority into product teams and coordinate enhancement activities.
- Applying your domain experience to deliver integrated technical solutions to business problems by managing requests to modify/enhance Stantec systems including logging Requests for Solutions, to managing and executing individual requests as assigned. This can include:
- Conducting stakeholder workshops to elicit requirements using a number of different techniques like mind mapping, process modeling, mockups, decision trees, among others.
- Working with both user and system stakeholders to establish comprehensive application requirements.
- Developing process models and other project deliverables using Microsoft Office tools
- Working with stakeholders to develop business practice and policy documentation.
- Be an effective team member of product/agile team focused on value output.
- Supporting cross-functional programs and projects that may include HR, IT, HSSE, Project Delivery, and other user communities.
- Facilitating formal user acceptance testing and participating in testing activities such as test case creation, execution, and issue resolution.
- Being an advocate for business process management.
- Collaborate and share learnings and techniques other BAs and the BA discipline within IBA including contributing to the continued improvement and enhancements of Solution Delivery Framework.
- Adhere to Stantec’s Solution Delivery Framework, Incident Management, and Change Management procedures.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Understanding of the underpinning system functionality and flows that have been configured in Oracle HCM Cloud
- Experience performing business analysis and capturing business requirements in a structured systematic manner.
- In-depth understanding of the system functionality and flows that have been configured/developed in the Oracle HCM modules, including the touchpoints to Oracle Core HRMS and interfaces to third-party systems.
- Experience preparing test plans/cases/scripts.
- Experience mocking up and facilitating User Experience (UX) requirements and stories.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a professional demeanor.
- Strong system troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) practices would be an asset.
- Highly self-motivated and directed with a keen attention to detail.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to work in a fast- paced environment with many priorities.
- Demonstrated proficiency with the following:
- Microsoft Office tools such as Teams, SharePoint, Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint,
- QA testing tools such as HP Quality Center, qTest or Tosca, Jira and Confluence
- Fluency in French is considered as an asset. A professional accounting designation and/or IIBA and/or PMI-PBA certification, are also considered assets.
- Experience working with BI and/or Dashboard projects as a BA and understanding of HR principles, concepts and processes would be an asset.
Education & Experience
- Post-secondary degree, ideally related to Business or Management Information Systems
- 5-10 years of experience in a related role.
- Periodic off hours work required to support production issues that may arise during support system implementations.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Application and Systems Administration
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations: Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver, Canada-Nova Scotia-Halifax, Canada-Ontario-Toronto, Canada-Yukon-Whitehorse, Canada-Saskatchewan-Regina, Canada-Northwest Territories-Yellowknife, Canada-New Brunswick-Saint John
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 210000AY
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans