David Aplin Group, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, has partnered with our client, a world leader in the mining and resource extraction business, to recruit for a Senior Business Analyst.
The client has multiple projects underway in the Supply Chain space of getting bulk goods from pit to port. A program was recently formed to ensure that all technology aligns with and supports business goals and lays a solid foundation for future work.
The Business Analyst will analyze and decompose complex business requirements, perform gap analysis, build roadmaps, and work with the solution architect to recommend technical solutions using business software applications They will also be accountable for the successful delivery of application releases to internal business clients.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to prioritize requirements and communication
- Liaise between business units and technology teams to gather, analyze, document, and deliver business requirements
- Identify and analyze business problems and define scope of activities (i.e. requirements definition, business process reviews, impact assessment, and change management)
- Collaborates with the Training team to prepare training material, Release Notes and/or presentations for newly implemented system changes / releases.
- Works with Project Teams delivering new software and capabilities to the Business
The Ideal Candidate:
- University degree or College diploma with emphasis on management of information systems or similar
- 3 to 7 years of experience in a similar role responsible for a portfolio of business applications
- Excellent communication, presentation, and training skills
- Strong background in Portfolio Program and Project Management
- Experience with Development Lifecycle methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, and Iterative)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools, especially: Visio, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint (Office 365 is preferred)
- Operational Mining experience (strongly preferred)
- Experience with Logistics organization (Rail, Port, Terminals) (preferred)
- Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) from International Institute of Business Analysts (preferred)
- Experience with Change Management, DevOps, and SAFe (preferred)
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please click the Apply button to send your resume in confidence directly to Karie Pearce , Recruiter, Strategic Partnerships ([email protected]). We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN DAVID APLIN GROUP.
If this is your first introduction to us, we invite you to become one of our satisfied candidates. David Aplin Group has been Canadian owned since 1975. Our professional consultants are passionate about helping you find a fulfilling job or career and ensuring your complete satisfaction with our process. Our proven track record, nearly 4 decades long, is largely due to our team of highly skilled and successful specialists. Through superior service and a commitment to long-term relationships, we provide deep specialization in core areas for complete recruiting and HR solutions across Canada – all from one source. We look forward to exceeding your expectations!
Learn more about David Aplin Group and view all of our current job opportunities, career tips, and tools at www.aplin.com. #LI-DNP #IND-DNP