The ANT+ ecosystem is a collection of companies and devices that use ANT communication technology to interoperate with each other to enable richer customer experiences. As a Senior Business Analyst, you will help develop clearly defined business cases for ANT wireless technology that are aligned with Garmin’s strategic roadmap and serve ANT+ ecosystem members.
In this role, you will:
- Understand the needs of ANT+ ecosystem members and developers, with respect to ANT+ profiles and development tools, and how they apply to Garmin
- Work closely with ANT Wireless Technology Leader and engineering teams to create clearly defined business cases for ANT protocol features or ANT+ profiles based on input from the ANT+ ecosystem
- Support development of the ANT technology roadmap by helping determine feasibility of goals/objectives and breaking down business cases into functional requirements
- Partner with ANT Wireless Technology Leader to develop analytics and establish metrics to track the performance of Garmin products within the ANT+ ecosystem
- Lead preparation of training, launch collateral, presentation materials, etc. to effectively communicate ANT+ profiles or ANT protocol features used in Garmin products
- Facilitate communication between internal and external stakeholder groups through effective communication channels and collaboration tools
We would also like you to:
- Actively encourage collaboration and professionalism in a team environment with other Garmin associates to achieve goals
- Define and continuously improve engineering business analysis processes
- Attend industry tradeshows, partner meetings and other events as required
- Other duties as assigned
At Garmin Canada, we create more than just products – we inspire solutions and innovations that change and shape how we live, work and play. You’ll get to work alongside top talent from around the globe while working on cutting-edge products and enabling compelling ecosystems with ultra-low power wireless technology. Here’s why you want to work for us:
- You’ll bring products to life.
Our advanced technology promotes performance, safety and ease of use in every market we serve. Become a key contributor to our exciting portfolio of Garmin products and help us bring our devices from concept to market.
- You’ll love the location.
Nestled in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, we’re located just 15-minutes outside of Calgary in Cochrane, Alberta. A retreat from fast-paced cities – Cochrane allows us to build relationships with the community and focus on what we do best – creating innovative solutions for unique use-cases in the ultra-low power wireless and sport industries. With many other tech companies calling Cochrane home, we can’t think of a better place to be !
- You’ll love our office culture.
Company BBQs, active sports, casual dress, volunteer opportunities, social committee organized events and the occasional sneak peak of new release movies allows team members to get to know each other outside the office .
- You’ll receive fantastic benefits.
Opportunities for professional development, no waiting period for vacation or our extensive benefit plan, RRSP matching, stock purchase options, product discounts and flexible work schedules are available for all team members.
- You’ll be part of something big.
Our open concept, open door policy office supports a fun, collaborate and supportive work culture. All our team members, regardless of their team, are encouraged to think big and share their ideas. Our team members are innovators, solution creators and outside-the-box thinkers ready to take on any challenge.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Business or another relevant field
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Mastery of business analysis principles and methodologies and ability to apply and adapt them into functional requirements
- Advanced understanding of technology development issues as they relate to engineering project management, including the ability to successfully identify and mitigate risks
- Experience writing use cases, user stories and creating flow charts
- Proven team player with experience to lead, drive and influence cross functional teams
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills with a keen attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to present data and recommendations
- Ability to travel on business domestically and internationally as required
- Master of Business Administration and/or Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)
- Engineering or product management experience with relevant wireless technologies
- Passion for consumer electronics in the fitness and outdoor product markets
- Agile/Scrum methodology experience and/or training
- Experience with JIRA