David Aplin Group, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, has partnered with our client to recruit for a Senior Business Analyst 3-month contract (potential for extension up to 9 months) in Athabasca, Alberta.
The Senior Business Analyst’s (BAs) role is to elicit, analyze, specify, and validate the business needs of project stakeholders towards digital solutions and business process change. This includes interviewing stakeholders and gathering and compiling user requirements to convey to development teams throughout the software lifecycle. This Business Analyst will also apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help support the development process, and to ensure that project deliverables are met according to specifications
Strategy and Planning
- Collaborate with project managers and project sponsors to determine project scope and vision.
- Clearly identify project stakeholders and establish user classes, as well as their characteristics.
- Conduct interviews and product analysis to gather user requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods.
- Identify and establish scope and parameters of requirements analysis in order to define impact, outcome criteria, and measure-taking actions.
- Work with stakeholders and project team to prioritize collected requirements.
- Establish practices and procedures that work towards the continuous improvement of the requirements process.
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing requirements-gathering processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes
- Analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
- Develop and utilize standard templates to accurately and concisely write requirement specifications.
- Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/project team.
- Where necessary, develop prototypes of interfaces and attributes based on findings.
- Create process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers and/or the project team.
- Develop and conduct peer reviews to ensure that requirement specifications are correctly interpreted.
- Manage and track the status of requirements throughout the project lifecycle; enforce and redefine as necessary.
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications – verbally or through written documentation project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood.
- Provide guidance and/or instruction to junior staff members
The Ideal Candidate:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of business administration, computer science, finance, or information systems and 5 years related work experience at a senior level.
- Business analyst certification (such as IIBA, PBA-PMI, IQBBA or IREB based certifications)
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification, and methodology development.
- Experience with Business Process Modelling Notation, and/or other formal business process systems
- Experience overseeing the business process and change during the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
- Ability to create systematic and consistent requirements specifications in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to apply statistical and other research methods into systems issues and products as required
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please click the Apply button to send your resume in confidence directly to Deborah Dodd , Senior Partner, Information & Technologies. Visit our website at www.aplin.com to view our job opportunities, career tips, and tools. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. #LI-EDM
WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN DAVID APLIN GROUP.
If this is your first introduction to us, we invite you to become one of our satisfied candidates. David Aplin Group has been Canadian owned since 1975. Our professional consultants are passionate about helping you find a fulfilling job or career and ensuring your complete satisfaction with our process. Our proven track record, nearly four decades long, is largely due to our team of highly skilled and successful specialists. Through superior service and a commitment to long-term relationships, we provide deep specialization in core areas for complete recruiting and HR solutions across Canada – all from one source. We look forward to exceeding your expectations!
Learn more about David Aplin Group and view all of our current job opportunities, career tips, and tools at www.aplin.com.