Canadian National Railway Company
At CN, we work together to move our company-and North America-forward. Be part of our Information & Technology (I&T) team, a critical piece of the engine that keeps us in motion. From enterprise architecture to operational technology, our teams use the agile methodology to automate and digitize our railroad ensuring our operations run optimally and safely and our employees can focus on value-added tasks. You will be able to develop your skills and career in our close-knit, safety-focused culture working together as ONE TEAM. The careers we offer are meaningful because the work we do matters. Join us!
The Specialist Business Analysis is responsible for identifying, eliciting, analyzing, specifying, and validating the business needs of users throughout CN and for specific projects or initiatives in the area of Rail Operational Technology. The Specialist acts as a liaison between the I&T groups (architecture, design, delivery, quality assurance, project management) and the business and translates needs into detailed stakeholder requirements/user stories, which the Specialist will follow through the project life cycle.
At CN, we are currently prioritizing the Rail Automation program (Train Protection, Train Control, Automated rail and train inspections). The objectives of these initiatives increase rail safety through better monitoring and control of train movements. It consists of highly advanced operational technologies designed to improve safety and operational efficiency.
Gathering and Managing Business Needs
- Express business requirements in user stories
- Elicit and document business requirements from internal and external partners (User Stories, Use Case, Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTMs), Workflow Diagrams, Responsible, Accountable, Consulting, Informed Matrix (RACI), etc.
- Define the Level 1 and Level 2 requirements
- Define the business and solution requirements
- Understand the solution gaps and communicate the impacts to the business
- Maintain requirements changes traceability
- Analyze, clarify and prioritize project requirements
- Ensuring that the Product Backlog is visible, transparent, and clear to all, and shows what the teams will work on next
- Liaison between business and implementation teams
- Work closely with business partners and key IT groups (Architecture, Design, Change Management, Quality Assurance, Delivery, Project Management, etc.) to ensure successful project delivery
- Apply, and ensure compliance with, all CN IT standards (Security, Architecture, Project Delivery Methodology, SOX, etc.)
- Manage requirements throughout the life of the project
Cross Project Integration
- Lead cross-functional collaboration with other projects or programs to validate business needs
- Understand cross-project dependencies to align project deliverables
Business Analysis Practice Development
- Work closely with the Business Analysis Lead and other I&T stakeholders on the continuous improvement of the business analysis framework and toolkit
The Specialist may be required to travel occasionally in North America.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in business analysis and processes
- Experience with on-board systems andnetworks (Rail or aviation)
- Experience working with edge devicessuch as event recorders and telemetry modules
- Working knowledge of systemintegration
- Experience with process mapping and project management methodology
- Experience with system interface/ICD analysis
- Experienced with Data Analytics
- Experience with communications protocols
- Experience with software development
- Experience working in a safety environment
- Experience within the rail industry, transportation, aerospace or telecom is considered an asset
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems
- IIBA Certification*
- CBAP Certification*
- SAFe Certification*
- Scrum Master and/or Product Owner Certification*
*Any designation for these above would be considered as an asset
- Works independently with little supervision
- Demonstrated success working with business and engineering teams to plan, develop, refine, and launch successful solution deliveries / products
- Demonstrated ability to organize and facilitate workshops, interviews, and meetings, mindful of the impact of organizational change
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, synthesize, document, translate and communicate business information to technical teams and vice versa
- Excellent verbal and written communication and negotiation skills
- Experience working with complex systems in large organizations
- Facilitation techniques
- Process mapping
- Iterative Agile methodology
- JIRA tool
CN is a world-class transportation leader and trade-enabler. Essential to the economy, to the customers, and to the communities it serves, CN safely transports more than 300 million tons of natural resources, manufactured products, and finished goods throughout North America every year. As the only railroad connecting Canada’s Eastern and Western coasts with the Southern tip of the U.S. through a 19,500 mile rail network, CN and its affiliates have been contributing to community prosperity and sustainable trade since 1919. CN is committed to programs supporting social responsibility and environmental stewardship. At CN, we work as ONE TEAM, focused on safety, sustainability and our customers, providing operational and supply chain excellence to deliver results.
CN is an employment equity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please monitor your email on a regular basis, as communication is primarily made through email.