Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The Integrated Financial Solutions (IFS) team is responsible for delivering and maintaining best-in-class Enterprise focused financial reporting and treasury systems and tools centred around the Global Finance ERP, Infor. The department is a hybrid business/IS organization structure that brings together staff specializing in several disciplines: IT, project management, business / financial analysis, people, system, process change management, and end user training. The IT side of the team reports up to the Group CIO and the business side of the team up to the Group Controller and Chief Accounting Officer.
IFS team members are drivers of change, enabling Finance to meet our Mission as a highly impactful, data-centric and decision-driven team by:
- Leading and implementing global finance solutions
- Leading Finance through data modernization and digitization
- Working with segment finance and treasury team to find solutions to align finance processes globally
- Providing support for finance data initiatives both global and segment specific
- Providing 24×7 support and availability of our finance tools
- Ensuring overall data governance and controls
The business side has 4 main streams (a) data architecture (b) governance and controls and (c) implementation (Treasury and Reporting)
Specifically, the incumbent will be responsible for providing operational support within our production and test environments. Support includes steady state support to ensure our production and test environments are in working order for end users, troubleshooting problems, identifying opportunities to build process efficiencies (supporting straight through processing to eliminate manual processes), and responding to requests from our global user community
- Providing operational/production support to end users, including set up and changes required in the Infor ledger and various financial datamarts as well as supporting changes to/implementation of in-coming Admin feeds to the ledger.
- Support ad hoc analysis to identify root cause e of production problems and develop timely solutions;
- Rotational support of our IFS Support In-box. This e-mail is used by end users to request ad hoc or emergency support. Issues are primarily related to access and processing and must be addressed in a timely manner.
- Handle small/ad hoc business improvements by utilizing established Agile methodologies to ensure quick turnaround to support end user financial reporting needs.
- Support major project initiatives by utilizing production expertise to support the timely and efficient delivery of solutions to end users and identify potential opportunities to ensure a smooth integration into the production environment for which we support.
- Support the upgrade and maintenance of our Infor ledger and various financial datamarts.
- Contribute to the overall governance and control of financial data by ensuring best practices are maintained throughout the production environment.
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience in operational or business functions.
- Working towards a professional accounting designation (CPA) would be a benefit.
Other Skills Required:
- Knowledge of Smartview/Essbase and/or multi-dimensional datamarts
- Working knowledge of financial systems, particularly General Ledger and Treasury Cash Management.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable, balance multiple demands and contending priorities while meeting deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and a customer service focus.
- Capable self-starter who takes initiative to tackle problems and streamlines processes.
- Strong analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable analyzing and organizing large volumes of data.
- Handle conflicting timing requirements of end users.
- Ability to handle tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
If you are ready to unleash your potential, its time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2019, we had more than 35,000 employees, over 98,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 30 million customers. As of September 30, 2020, we had $1.3 trillion (US$943 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $31.2 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact [email protected] .