Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
The Senior Brand Manager, Brand Development/Innovation will develop and manage the long-term innovation pipeline to align with Brand, Channel and Business strategies; prepare business plans to secure approval from key stakeholders and establish launch strategies that deliver volume and margin goals. This requires translating strategic consumer and category insights into a meaningful innovation framework, that drives growth on leading brands in the Canadian Market.
75% – Strategic Planning/Pipeline Development:
- Lead innovation projects with cross functional team and build solid project rationale rooted in consumer insights and category dynamics.
- Develop and execute strategic innovation plans, both short and long term, to support sales and revenue objectives of organization.
- Drive innovation planning via consumer insight/segmentation, brand equity understanding, category/brand/geographic knowledge, and competitive analysis
- Leverage U.S. led innovation for Canadian brand expansion & development
- Direct and manage innovation projects leveraging Canadian manufacturing facilities
- Identify, evaluate & validate Canadian white space opportunities driven by insight and develop/prioritize strategic opportunities for innovation, clearly and concisely
- Analyze market data to help size opportunity with specific capability working with Nielsen consumption data
- Partner with Consumer Insights team to find and leverage meaningful insights that support innovation recommendations
- Identify, evaluate & validate Canadian opportunities for line extensions and renovations on branded portfolios that are driven by insights and drive incremental long term growth to the business.
- Lead concept development & testing for innovation initiatives
- Lead innovation projects through gate process from definition of scope, competition, pricing, volume opportunity to final research validation and final recommendation
- Work closely with Brand Management team on understanding brand target & positioning
- Lead the packaging design finalization of innovation launches and work closely with Brand team to ensure they are aligned with packaging graphics direction. Then smoothly co-ordinate project hand-off to brand team for commercialization.
- Create and communicate clear timelines to cross-functional team for each innovation initiative
- Build initial volume and category growth assumptions as input to develop business case, but then as project goes through gate process, work closely with MS&P Team for POV on volumes, launch timing and slotting requirements.
- Support Director of Brand Development to develop and drive strategic roadmap for future innovation growth across all Conagra’s brands
20% – Strengthen & Build Innovation Process
- Build strong working relationships with US and International brand and innovation teams
- Lead monthly meetings with US and International innovation teams members to share learnings and identify potential synergies. Work with the Director of Business Operations to influence and gather US support for Canadian projects
- Conduct market visits to stay current with competitive new entries
- Strengthen and continually build strong innovation credibility/profile within the organization
- Attend innovation conferences; leverage U.S. CAG expertise
- Share relevant learnings with Canadian, Global Markets and US teams
5%- Admin Support
- Ensure all projects are gated within Conagra’s innovation system
- Monitor innovation budget and track associated expenses in Allocadia (P&D); reconciling invoices against approved projects
- Assist Director of Brand Development with process enhancement projects, as required
Qualifications, Education & Experience:
- 5-7+ years of marketing experience, preferably in consumer packaged goods industry
- University Business Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent
- Strong leadership and organizational alignment skills to develop and deliver against key strategies and plans
- Strong strategic and analytical skills including the ability to analyze market data and drive actionable business implications
- Excellent leadership, organization and project planning skills
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Proven ability to self-motivate in a fast-paced environment, ability to deal with ambiguity, change and a dynamic business environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Proven ability to develop strong relationships and partnerships with internal customers, peers and effectively manage those relationships
- Demonstrated ability to work across multiple departments to complete a project or resolve an organizational challenge
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or any other protected factor. ConAgra Foods is committed to working with and providing accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail [email protected] We will make a determination on your request for accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
À titre d’employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi, Conagra Brands considère les postulants qualifiés pour les offres d’emplois sans égard à la race, la couleur, les croyances religieuses, l’origine, le sexe, l’orientation sexuelle, l’identité de genre, la langue parlée, l’âge, le handicap ou tout autre facteur discriminatoire. Conagra Brands s’engage à travailler et offrir des accommodements aux individus ayant des handicaps. Si vous avez besoin d’assistance ou si vous avez des besoins spécifiques pour votre emploi, vous pouvez transmettre votre demande par courriel à [email protected] Nous prendrons en considération votre demande d’accommodement au cas-par-cas.