Express Scripts Canada is actively looking to hire a Senior Blaze Developer. The successful candidate will work closely with the business to define how best to address business challenges faced by our customers and our internal operations. The Senior Developer will clarify functional requirements and non-functional requirements and develop effective designs and implementation approaches for the delivery of business applications. The Senior Developer will assure the quality of deliverables ensuring that developed products are fit for use, supportable and maintainable.
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
- Providing estimates for development efforts based user stories.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
- Able to work on projects individually and directly with clients.
- Validate rules against the object model and data model
- Perform impact analysis for potential changes to rules from a technical perspective
- Look for any potential optimization and update the rules accordingly
- Validate the rules are appropriately fired for all potential events
- Identify any ambiguity, repetitiveness and conflict from a technical perspective
- Experience within Agile development environment.
- Proficient in rule based software development, preferably FICO Blaze Advisor.
- Experience with BRMS concepts for rule service analysis, harvesting, design, authoring, and deployment including rule flow design and decision table authoring.
- Proficient in FICO Blaze Advisor 7.* versions. Should be able to,
- Create and update rule flow
- Write rules and functions in low level SRL (Structured Rules Language)
- Develop rules with templates and providers
- Create and manage test cases to test the rule logic
- Low-level rule syntax
- Blaze Advisor API knowledge
- Rule optimization techniques
- Minimum 5 years Core Java experience required, preferably with Java 8
- Experience with both external and embedded databases. Ability to write simple and complex SQL Queries, preferably with Oracle
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns.
- Familiarity with concepts of RESTful services and JSON.
- Creating / revising database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit test frameworks (Brunit and Junit)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, SVN etc.
- Familiarity with build tools such as Ant, Maven, and Gradle
Express Scripts Canada is a Cigna company
Express Scripts Canada is a subsidiary of Express Scripts, a Cigna company. Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, wellbeing and peace of mind of those we serve. Cigna offers an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioural health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products.
About Express Scripts Canada
Express Scripts Canada is a leading health benefits manager and has been recognized as one of the most innovative. Our clients include Canada’s leading insurers, third party administrators and governments. We work with these clients to develop industry-leading solutions to deliver superior healthcare in a cost-controlled environment. We provide Active Pharmacy services to more than 7 million Canadian patients and adjudicate more than 100 million pharmacy, dental, and extended health claims annually. Through our proprietary consumer intelligence, clinical expertise, and patients-first approach, we promote better health decisions for plan members, while managing and reducing drug benefit costs for plan sponsors.
It will be a condition of employment that the successful candidate obtains an Enhanced Reliability Clearance from the Federal Government. The candidate will be required to provide supporting documentation to receive clearance if required.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, along with a positive work environment built on solid corporate values, integrity, mutual respect, collaboration, passion, service and alignment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we build a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be.
We are committed to creating a working environment that is barrier-free and we are prepared to provide accommodation for people with disabilities.
If you require accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: [email protected] Do not email [email protected] for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.