Copper is not just another CRM. It’s the only CRM that is 100% focused on helping clients build the strongest possible business relationships that will win them customers for life. Our belief is that this is the key to surviving any economic landscape. Copper surprises people: clients tell us they actually love their CRM, as this was previously a feat of impossibility. We’re turning CRM on its head by offering a beautifully crafted, G Suite-native tool that offers transparency, collaboration, and productivity. We are a small group of thoughtful people with a sense of purpose: to help our audience of small and medium-sized businesses grow.
Copper is looking for a positive, customer-oriented Senior Back-End Software Engineer to join our product development team. This person will focus on server software initially, with an opportunity of becoming full-stack with both client and server software engineering. The focus will be adding and improving features for our CRM.
The person in this role should be comfortable interacting within and across teams that are composed of client and server engineers, QA engineers, product managers, and user-experience designers. They should also bring a sense of ownership across our software development lifecycle – definition, development, delivery, and analysis.
Copper’s technical stack includes Ruby-on-Rails, Ember.js, Resque, Elasticsearch, Redis, PostgreSQL. We are engineering for a scaled (high-volume, high-quality) production environment. Our product and engineering team members are located mostly in Canada and in the United States. This position is open in Canada, we are remote flexible, and we are an equal-opportunity employer.
A day in the life …
- Meet with your team daily with a quick standup. We like to talk through deliverables, difficulties, and have fun
- Participate in shaping our technical direction through component design, software architecture, and growing our tech stack through both dialog and writing
- Manage deliverables through our continuous integration system and release processes. The process of building a web-app at scale has challenges, and we collaborate to create solutions as well as review code and monitor for success
- Work together with architects and fellow engineers when thinking through how to build and deliver technology
- Use our analytical tools for evaluating user engagement, as well as component and system performance
- Contribute in a meaningful way for the growth of the company
What you’ll have …
- 6+ years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years of recent Ruby-on-Rails experience
- Hands-on experience with relational databases and persistence systems. We use PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, and Redis
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills. We highly value follow-up
- Experience in delivering a large feature
- Experience with asynchronous data processing
- Knowledge of common security vulnerabilities and how to maintain system integrity.
At Copper we are committed to building and empowering a diverse and inclusive environment. We recognize that diverse teams are strong teams, so we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
If this opportunity sounds interesting, apply today! We would like to hear from you.
Note about Copper remote flexible work
We are working remotely and doing our part to ensure that our employees and future employees are healthy, safe, and at home to reduce the spread of Covid-19.
If you’re invited to our interview process all our meetings are conducted through video. All new employees will be starting remotely and all necessary equipment will be shipped to them in advance.