MavTek is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to hiring and nurturing a diverse workforce.
Senior Back-End developer (Live Tribe)
We are looking for a dynamic Senior Back-End developer to join our Live tribe. The Live tribe vision is to create a virtual world of live interaction powered by the passion of independent producers. Our mission is to foster a profitable Live ecosystem catered to engage consumers with producers. To achieve that, we are building a streaming ecosystem that allows our content creators to engage with their audience and monetize their passions.
Since entering Montreal’s tech scene 7 years ago, MavTek continues to grow rapidly while the team forges ahead on a path of inventing change and creating real impact for our customers. We’re looking for a Senior Back-End developer who is innovative, eager to own their success and energized by the opportunity to pursue a career that’s as challenging as it is rewarding.
At MavTek, we empower you to raise your voice, make a real impact not just within our fast-growing company, but in everyday lives of tens of thousands of our customers.
What your day to day looks like?
– Help Creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components
– Improve and maintain existing codebase and help lead the migration to microservices
– Coach more junior team members and conduct code reviews
– Drive product development through careful usage of code
– Collaborate on building the technology and product roadmap with Product Owner and Team Lead
– Collaborate Foster Agile and Lean methodologies for software development
– Participate and contribute into architecting and automating the build and deployment process (CI/CD)
– Help analyze data to lead product development
– Understand the problem that the software is supposed to solve and help design solutions that brings the best experience to the users
Are you right for the role?
– 5+ years of Java development or JVM based technologies
– Experience with Domain Drive Design
– Experience building products using microservices
– Great understanding of what it takes to build great CI/CD pipeline
– Experience building and supporting production environment, support what you build (DevOps methodology)
– Capacity to develop well documented and easy to understand API
– Knowledge of distributed systems and event driven systems is an asset
– Cloud Computing Concepts preferably AWS and knowledge of CloudFormation or Terraform is an asset
– Passionate about proper usage of unit test and integration test
What’s in it for you?
– Work alongside super talented and friendly people that like to drive innovation
– Competitive salary & vacation packages
– Access to 24/7 on demand online healthcare service
– Generous referral program
– Year-round events, from massive to casual and everything in between
– Beautiful office right near Namur metro
You’ll be Joining:
We’re DJ’s, video game heroes, photographers, movie buffs, musicians, grill masters and everything in between. We’re fiercely proud of our teammates, our work, and the impact we’re making to help tens of thousands of entrepreneurs who rely on our e-commerce platform to monetize their content. If you’re inspired to do the best work of your life, then join the team.