Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The Audit Services department is currently looking for a detail-oriented self-starter to be an Audit Senior/ Associate Manager, Audit Services. This regular full-time position will report to the Director, Audit Services.
The Audit Senior/ Associate Manager is accountable for delivering high-quality audit work of all types (key risk audits, defined procedures, project risk reviews, financial control testing and other special projects) across Canadian Insurance function and works under the direction of the Audit Manager and Director.
- Execute audit assignments and special projects in accordance with department and IIA standards
- Understand the risks being managed by business units and assist in developing audit programs to evaluate the effectiveness of key controls and adequacy of risk management practices
- Assist in audit planning, executing engagements to deliver on the audit plan and assist audit lead in reporting.
- Prepare meaningful, concise and well-articulated audit working papers, findings and recommendations
- Manage and communicate expectations regarding work deadlines and deliverables
- Collaborate with management to obtain a consensus on establishing the problem and impact of risks
- Follow up of open audit issues until corrective action plans are implemented by management
- Use data analytics to improve effectiveness and efficiency of the audit process
- Establish a high-level of credibility and build professional relationships with business unit management
- University degree, plus a recognized accounting (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA) or auditing (CIA, CISA) designation
- 3 to 5 five years of internal/external audit or equivalent business experience
- Knowledge of audit methodologies, control frameworks and risk management practices, and SOX requirements
- Experience working in a client-facing, matrix, project-based organization is preferred; typically gained through prior audit, advisory, consulting, or public accounting experience in a Big Four or other professional services firm, or other large organizations.
- Ability to quickly understand business processes and their risk implications, analyze complex situations, reach appropriate conclusions, and make value-added and practical recommendations
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely to effectively deliver key messages verbally and in writing, and to listen and consider various perspectives
- Results oriented with a focus on quality, delivering value, and strong attention to detail
- Ability to balance priorities and meet deadlines
If you are ready to unleash your potential, its time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2020, we had more than 37,000 employees, over 98,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 30 million customers. As of December 31, 2020, we had $1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $31.6 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155years. We trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact [email protected] .