Senior Application Support Specialist
City: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Position ID: J0321-0977
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is looking for Senior Application Support Specialist for Banking Business Unit.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Building and maintaining relationships with the application owners and managers within our client organizations
• Working with other vendors and internal teams to assess technical requirements for system integrations
• Defining and configuring system integration to ensure requirements are met
• Guiding the team, ensuring objectives are being delivered by coordinating/performing technical tasks
• Providing team feedback and developing action plans to remediate issues, identifying processes and skills required for continuous improvements in knowledge
• Working on development tasks during non-support hours
• Identifying and developing new business opportunities
• Participating in test of application changes (UAT, Staging, Pre-Prod)
• Supporting deployment of code to production
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• University or post-graduate degree or college diploma
• 5+ years IT Industry (Banking/Financial) experience in application support
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to manage through difficult situations
• Must be a Team player
• Must be client-focused
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, Windows; being well versed in command-line operations of the same. Understanding of typical architectural implementations supporting high-availability and fail-over.
• Programming Languages: PowerShell, UNIX shell scripting, Java/J2EE,
• Experience with XML, XSD, WSDL, and JSON based web services
• Expertise in writing and running SQL queries to manipulate large databases
• Experience using related SDLC and CI (continuous integration) tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Bit bucket, MKS, Clear Case or GIT.
• Strong knowledge of reading logs, and Blob data.
• Understanding and use of security certificates
• Excellent troubleshooting skills
• Experience with configuration and architecture of typical middleware implementations (eg: WebSphere, IBM MQ, JBOSS)
• Strong automation experience would be helpful
Nice to have skills that include:
• Specific knowledge of Bottomline and SWIFT software products (eg: GTExchange, SAG)
• Knowledge of Cloud, Network, Load balancer(s), DNS, TCP/IP, SFTP/SSH, clustered web servers, clustered application servers, and highly available/scalable web architectures and disaster recovery techniques
• Banking or Financial institution experience
• Knowledge of Banking & Payments flows (eg: SWIFT domain knowledge)
• Willing to improve skillset through technical training and ad-hoc technical engagements
• Willing and eager to learn in different business and technology domains
• Willing to work under pressure
• Willing to work within a larger group
• Willing to work in a multi-vendor environment
• Willing to work outside business hours
• Willing to be on-call in support of deployment activities
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.