Role and Responsibilities
Join a dynamic program providing the ground based systems supporting Canada’s fleet of Cyclone Maritime Helicopters. Bringing a passion for integrating technically diverse solutions, you’ll join like minded team members in extending and supporting enterprise level system to help program partners at all levels train, maintain and fly these modern aircraft on their missions at home and abroad. Looking for an opportunity where you can put your solution driven mindset to work? Come share your passion with us!
At CAE, our teams are dedicated to helping us attract and retain the best talent with competitive and fair compensation practices. To achieve this, each employee has a role to play and makes a difference. That’s why we need your expertise and passion to complete our team!
The role we are offering you:
In support of this program, the successful candidate will be based in Halifax and be responsible to work as part of a team supporting various commercial off the shelf and custom applications in the Integrated Information Environment for the Maritime Helicopter Program with the following responsibilities:
- Translate customer needs and requirements into application solutions
- Identify, evaluate and develop solution designs and implement them
- Support integrated applications for business clients
- Foresight to anticipate and address potential issues before they become issues
- Develop and implement strategies to address complex technical challenges
- Analyse, troubleshoot and problem solve simple to complex data problems
- Resolve complex issues in applications development or software configuration
- Troubleshoot application return to service in the event of a failure
- Work with the cross functional application support team on a daily basis
- Provide subject matter support to programmers and developers
- Provide environment support for a variety of applications and programs (including remote support for isolated environments)
- Maintain, manage and update technical system documentation ranging from design decisions to issue resolutions
- Provide semi-regular after-hours support of the IIE system as necessary
Our ideal candidate has:
- University degree in Computer Science or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years working in a similar role
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems
- Comprehensive SQL querying abilities
- Ability to learn and master different application from a technical and business perspective
- Ability to diagnose & address application issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Be able to hold a Canadian Security Clearance & Controlled Good Clearance
- Eligibility to work in Canada either as a Canadian Citizen, a Permanent Resident or with a valid Work Permit
- a supportive, dynamic team and a friendly corporate culture.
- job stability.
- the possibility to work from home occasionally.
- flexible schedules.
- a wide range of services for your health and personal well being, with a company benefits plan, pension and stock purchase plans.
Come share your passion with us!
With over 10,000employees located in 35countries, CAE is a global leader in training for the civil aviation, defence and security, and healthcare markets. To learn more: www.cae.com
How to apply
- This role is located in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Does this sound like an interesting challenge for you? If you have the experience we are looking for, please apply on-line with the link below
- We thank all applicants for their interest; successful applicants will be contacted for an initial discussion. If suitable, you will be considered for the short list and an in-person interview
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value “One CAE”, we’re proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender diverse.