Senior Application Developer
Join Livingston andgrow your career inthe constantly changing world of international trade. Livingston is a market leader offering customs brokerage, international trade consulting, compliance and freight forwarding services around the world. Livingston has over 3,000 employees at more than 90 key border crossings, sea ports, airports and other strategic locations in North America, Europe and Asia.
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment offers you the opportunity to work with leaders in the industry, receive recognition for achievements and develop your expertise in the complex and evolving world of trade. Learn how you can make an impact at Livingston.
Job Type:Full Time
Location:ON Toronto – CN030
Provide leadership and ownership in design and development of digital software initiatives to drive business automation and digitization. Design, develop, document, test, and debug new software initiatives, and serve as a technical expert on development projects where needed. Establish appropriate technology and reference platform standards and guidelines for software development. Research, recommend, and implement software solutions to support business goals and growth. Apply ingenuity to develop rapid solutions that prove value through technology.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, design, and coordinate small to large-scale software application projects.
- Translate concepts and develop rapid proof of concepts that could be taken to market quickly.
- Utilize a ‘big picture’ view of business needs to prioritize development projects and ensure consistency in security, performance, manageability, and quality across the software architecture.
- Recommend appropriate set of software products, integrations, and design solutions to meet business needs.
- Create, review, and prepare architecture design documents including solution definition, business requirements, cost estimate, and project timeline if needed
- Ensure software designs and implementations adhere to establish standards, practices, and quality.
- Lead end-user reviews of deployed software solutions; gather, analyze, and recommend changes or enhancements for future releases.
- Monitor trends in technology; research, validate, and build recommendations to implement new technologies, frameworks, or methodologies.
- Provide technical expertise to business, developers, and others throughout the software development life cycle.
- Develop, code, modify, and debug new or existing software applications.
- Write technical specifications based on design concept and business requirements.
- Review, analyze, and construct detailed functional design, technical design, or application prototype to meet business requirements.
- Create and execute unit, end-to-end, and integration testing; lead user acceptance testing, as required.
- Integrate existing software applications into new or modified systems or operating environments.
- Troubleshoot highly technical or complex software application issues through root-cause analysis; apply fixes in a timely manner and recommend improvements for future modifications.
- Maintain functional and technical documentation including all modifications.
- May coordinate the tasks of less experienced Software Developers or the output of work produced by third-party professional services company.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Adhere to established policies and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Advanced skill in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology
- Advanced skill in iterative development methodologies such as Agile
- Advanced skills in Amazon Web Service (AWS) tools
- Advanced skill in open-source framework tools such as Entity Framework or Windows Communication Framework (WCF)
- Advanced skill in user interface (UI) tools such as Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF, Angular, bootstrap)
- Advanced skill in middleware tools such as Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) or BizTalk
- Advanced skill in one or more programming language(s) such as COBOL, VB.NET, JAVA, UML, Microsoft .Net, C#, SQL, Angular
- Advanced skill in Microsoft Office suite
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced communication (written and oral), interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and meet deadlines
WORK EXPERIENCE – MINIMUM REQUIRED
5 years of related experience
Required: Associates Degree or post-secondary education in Computer Science
Leading and Developing
Inclusion and Collaboration
Business Acumen and Straight Talk
Customer First Focus
Livingston is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.