Marsh & McLennan Companies is seeking a Senior Application Developer for our Toronto office.
Senior Application Developer
What can you expect?
- Corporate Infrastructure Solutions (CIS) is responsible for the strategy, delivery, operation, and maintenance of Marsh & McLennan Companies’ corporate systems.
- Reporting to the CIS Development Lead, the Developer role assists in design and development of application modules to satisfy the business requirements.
What is in it for you?
- A company with a strong brand and strong results to match
- Culture of internal mobility, collaboration and valued partnership with HR from the business.
- Employee Resource Groups, which provide access to leaders, relevant volunteer and mentoring opportunities and interactions with counterparts in industry groups and client organizations.
- Competitive pay (salary and bonus potential), Full benefits package – starting day one (medical, dental, vision, STI/LTI, life insurance, RSP (Retirement Savings Plan or TFSA (tax free savings account.) (regional specificity required)
- Flexible work opportunities for work/life balance
- Tuition Reimbursement plan per year and participation in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
We will count on you to:
Understand Business Requirements
- Works closely with the Business Analysts to understand the business requirements by reviewing the business requirements documentation, functional specifications and use cases
- Prepares and maintains technical design documents, including technical specifications, migration instructions, migrations tickets, unit test scripts and results, etc. according to established industry standards and templates.
- Provides and maintains source code in accordance with agreed upon standards.
- Performs unit testing and maintains evidence of test plans and test results.
- Performs integration test for all the integrated applications and maintains evidence of test plans and test results.
- Provides support for Quality Assurance and Regression test cycles.
- Provide technical support and knowledge transfer to AES/DBA teams to make sure the application is deployed properly.
- Provide production support
- The Developer will:
- Interact with the Business Analyst to understand the business requirements.
- Interact with the Technical Lead to translate the business requirements into high level and detail design.
- Interact with the Data Analyst to define the Database requirements.
- Provide support to the AES/DBA team for application deployment.
- Provide development status to the Project manager.
- The Developer will interact with designer and developers of other development teams to perform integration design and testing.
What you need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably with a focus in one or more of the following disciplines: Computer Science, Computer and Electrical Engineering.
- Fluent in object oriented programming, strong software engineering background, optimization and debugging skills across multiple platforms, be expert of design, analysis, object oriented programming and be keen for optimization, performance, scalability.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills at the business and technical level.
- Previous success working in a dynamic development environment with the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to creatively solve problems.
- Hands on and good technical and functional knowledge of Oracle technologies and applications, with preferable experience with Oracle Revenue Management and Billing (ORMB) application.
What makes you stand out:
- Insurance industry experience not required but desirable
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, Mercer will provide a reasonable accommodation to employees and prospective employees to the point of undue hardship upon request and as required in respect of the individual’s particular restrictions and limitations. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or medical need please contact [email protected]
Marsh & McLennan(NYSE: MMC) is the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. The Company’s 76,000 colleagues advise clients in over 130 countries. With annualized revenue approaching$17 billion,Marsh & McLennanhelps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses.Marshadvises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions.Guy Carpenterdevelops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities.Mercerdelivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce.Oliver Wymanserves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visitmmc.com, follow us onLinkedInand [email protected]_globalor subscribe toBRINK.