Company 1 - The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The Group Benefits team is looking for a seasoned professional with a passion for designing, developing, improving and supporting cool software products, particularly data streaming technologies.
You thrive on delivering resilient and scalable applications, with a focus on continuous delivery and operational insight. Creativity in solving problems is your strength. You are always learning by using new tools and technologies. Communicating effectively is what you do! Operational support of technologies is nothing new to you. You understand its importance.
- Builds, codes moderately complex software across BUs, tests, maintain high quality software
- Participates in Agile sprints and ceremonies; supports rapid iteration and development
- Translates user requirements into software requirements
- Designs, develops, tests, maintains and improves application APIs as a member of a team, works across key data, orchestration, rules and transactional stacks through the entire application and system development life cycle.
- Creates and conducts executable tests, continuously integrating code into the overall software framework to improve performance and stability
- Completes and ensures completion of any required documentation required e.g. deployment, maintenance, support and business needs
- Researches technical strategies, third party tools, and current and new technologies to deal with emerging technical issues and improve development efficiency
- Promotes agile principles and methodology
- Understands of application support process including Incident/problem/change Management
- Mentors Associate Engineers
- Participates in functional demos utilizing new tech; designs own control structures
- BS or MS in Computer Science preferred, or equivalent professional experience
- Familiarity with Agile and DevOps principles, test-driven development, continuous integration, and other approaches to accelerate the delivery of new features
- Understanding of software development lifecycle and how technology supports Manulife business strategy
- Familiar with platform technologies, modern software architectures and API-driven development
- Technologies such as: API Gateways, Messaging, Data Event Streaming, REST, SOAP, Distributed Tracing, Relational and Document Database Interface/SQL
- Strong foundation in design, programming and testing in mainframe and/or client server environments
- Experience with: Cobol, DB2, CICS, VSAM, JCL, SAS, Endevor and Control-M
- Collaborative attitude, willingness to share skills and methods
- Good verbal and written communication; able to effectively articulate technical vision, possibilities, and outcomes
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2019, we had more than 35,000 employees, over 98,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 30 million customers. As of September 30, 2020, we had $1.3 trillion (US$943 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $31.2 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife/JohnHancock, we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract,developandretaina workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention,advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin,colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers toprovideequal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process.All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent withapplicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies.To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact [email protected]