At Improbable, we’re bringing together technology and games to create new opportunities and experiences. In order to achieve this, we need unique perspectives from diverse people, empowered to revolutionise how online games are made, delivered and paid for.
We believe one of the biggest, most impactful changes to the way we live our lives is going to come from the medium of games. Realising new communities, societies and vocations through virtual worlds is what drives our people and gives them purpose.
With the successful launch of SpatialOS to the gaming world, the popularity of our platform is growing. Our goal is to demonstrate the potential of the platform through our original IP game, leveraging SpatialOS and the Unreal Engine.
As a Senior Animation Programmer at Improbable, you understand the core concepts of gameplay animation, modern engines and techniques, and use this knowledge to build new tech that empowers and supports the creative team. You design and implement critical animation systems that are technically robust for large-scale, complex games. You also help to drive the requirements of the project by giving structured feedback on the process and capabilities of these technologies.
We’d like to hear from you
- Post-secondary education in computer science, software engineering, or a related field.
- Strong C/C++ programming skills.
- 4+ years programming experience (minimum 2+ years in animation)
- Excellent communication and team skills.
- Knowledge of developing/implementing character and creature animation systems & interfaces.
- Knowledge of procedural animation tools and technologies.
- Knowledge of game architectures and game development paradigms (e.g. entity component systems).
- Knowledge and working experience of game engines (e.g. Unity, Unreal, Frostbite, or CryEngine).
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders (e.g. producers, artists, designers).
- Ability to establish technical requirements from creative or design-led pitches.
- Ability to define and understand elements of game design documents and technical design documents.
- Experience breaking down the development of a system into a number of manageable tasks.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply!!
COVID-19 Studio Guidelines
The health, safety, and well being of our team members is of the utmost importance to our studio. As such, we have transitioned to remote work by default until a time at which we can safely return to the office. This means that all interviews, “onsite” interviews, office tours, and onboarding will be done over videoconference (or phone).
We also recognize the impact the pandemic is having on all of us personally, and work hard to create a culture where mental health and wellness are valued and supported. If you have any questions or concerns about our studio policy, please don’t hesitate to raise them with your recruiter.
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.