Help us architect, design and develop industry leading Android TV and Android Mobile video applications to showcase all our new IPTV technologies.
Join our team
Become part of a leading team of professionals who are defining new more effective, reliable and cost-efficient ways to develop best-in-class client applications to benefit our Optik and Pik TV customers. This is your opportunity to be part of an extraordinarily talented team of client development professionals with a very successful track record of deploying industry leading apps on multiple app ecosystems. We don’t believe in traditional approaches, we take charge and craft new client solutions using the latest device platform ecosystems APIs and working closely with key industry players.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
TELUS is looking for an experienced Senior Android Developer with a proven track record of developing successful video applications on the Google Play Store.
The successful candidate will lead Android TV and Android mobile projects, taking full ownership of architecture, design, development and maintenance of our next generation of TV future friendly entertainment services.
You will work very closely with industry leading Android developers, who like you, have an extensive portfolio of applications on the Google Play Store, developed over the past several years. You will lead the delivery of new applications including new IPTV features to significantly improve the user experience of our Optik and Pik TV customers.
- Performs: Android TV and Android mobile coding, build/package applications and libraries using Android Studio/Gradle, ensures compliance with Google Play Store development standards and Google Android releases, prepares test plans, and performs Android component testing
- Identifies and recommends: Android TV and Android Mobile system improvements to expand customer services by anticipating customer problems and recommending solutions
- Mentor and Trains: Ability to mentor or train other Android developers on technical or industry-related issues and provide effective knowledge transfer on all work performed to select employees
- Evaluates: Android TV and Android Mobile software products and makes recommendations
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
- 5+ years of experience developing Best-in-class Android video applications
- Proven track record and strong portfolio of apps currently on the Google Play Store.
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude with the ability to handle multiple tasks and set priorities
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate complex technical details on a business context
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience with Android TV Leanback experience API, and familiarity with Google Android TV Design Principles
- Experience developing Android TV custom launchers and Operator Tier services
- Portfolio includes award winning apps on Google Play Store
Who is TELUS?
We’re a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.