At Neo, we empower people to get the most out of their money and time. We’re a tech company reimagining everyday banking from the ground up to create rewarding experiences and build community for all Canadians. We’re looking for passionate go-getters who want to move fast and create a lasting impact.
Neo Financial has an opportunity for a remote Senior Android Developer. Neo has teams based in Calgary and Winnipeg with remote opportunities for experienced, high performers with a demonstrated ability to deliver features faster.
You’ll be collaborating with other talented Android developers, writing Kotlin code every day, working with professional designers, improving UI/UX, practicing agile, improving automated tests, and owning mobile projects through the entire development lifecycle. The culture at Neo is high performance and as a remote member of the mobile team there will be high expectations for online availability, syncing to local time zones, and productivity.
Our engineering team casts a wide net of problem solvers and self-starters, who are all energized by fast-paced work and can adjust their footing swiftly on any given day. Make your mark with transformative products and technologies, alongside some of Canada’s most successful developers and tech minds.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop code in Kotlin with the latest Google technologies
- Create exciting, best-in-class mobile interfaces
- Turn both high fidelity and wireframe designs into working features
- Work with the most cutting-edge mobile libraries and patterns
- Develop unit tests and automated UI tests
- Relentlessly pursue quality, bug-free play store releases
- Create an app that will be used by millions of Canadians
Who we’re looking for:
- At least 3+ years experience building Android apps for larger audiences
- Strong knowledge of Android and the Google developer ecosystem
- Experience working on an app team (not just alone)
- Ability to work with a dedicated back-end team and API
- Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada
What will help you succeed:
- Experience working as part of a remote team
- Adaptable, high-achievers energized by a startup environment
- Eagerness to engage with our design and UX team
- An intense drive to finish, impress users, and delight customers
What it’s like to work with us:
At Neo, you’ll be working with industry-leading technology that changes the way we live and realize a better financial future. It’s a serious deal, but that doesn’t mean we don’t know a thing or two about having fun. Our entrepreneurial environment gets our adrenaline pumping and beats the regular 9-5 job. We’re in it together, always. Gain hands-on experience and be part of the future.
About applying with Neo:
Please apply using Chrome, as applications are only supported using Chrome on desktop.
Neo Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to meet with and hire the top talent out there. We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check and may require a credit check.